Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supply  (Read 16332 times)
NQ3RP

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »

In this day and age of high speed communications, it stands out very clearly when a company DOESN'T have good customer service.  I placed an order on May 7 for an item (doesn't matter what it was, it's how they handled it).  I waited until May 21st and asked for shipping information.  At that time I was told the supplier was not available to complete the order, so sorry. (?)  You knew you didn't have it in stock, and couldn't give me the option of finding another company that had the item or telling me you didn't know when it would ship?  I was told at this time it would go out that day (21st).  So today I still haven't received it an now customer service says, oh, we're sorry, it will go out today!  I realize companies have trouble getting stock and keeping customers supplied BUT I can't understand how they don't or won't communicate with customers to keep them informed.  There are so many GOOD companies that do.

So you can order from them if you want to but don't expect to be informed of your orders status.  Oh, and don't try calling them - you get an answering machine (called 30 times- various times of the day).  So I would say they have a great looking web designer but only have a drop ship business from the oem's and not much in stock.

73-
John
NQ3RP
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »

hi, which location are you using?

I have good service with the Milwaukee store, their flagship.
The new website is a lot better then the old one was.

73 james
NQ3RP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »

My bad, it's Amateur Radio Supplies.  @

Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC
3 Washington Square
Suite 204 Haverhill, MA 01835

73-
John
NQ3RP
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:46:20 AM »

You may want to consider having this post deleted or at least renamed given the mistake on the name of the company.
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »

You may want to consider having this post deleted or at least renamed given the mistake on the name of the company.

Actually, the name for the other company is Amateur ELECTRONIC Supply.

I don't think any deletion is necessary since the title of the thread is simply singular and not plural....

We are all familiar with AES....
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 11:40:26 AM »

My bad, it's Amateur Radio Supplies.  @

Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC
3 Washington Square
Suite 204 Haverhill, MA 01835

My experience with them (www.amateurradiosupplies.com) was just the opposite. I ordered some ladder line from them and they had a low price, plus it was quickly shipped free by priority mail.

I'm sorry you had bad luck with them. I've had stuff like this happen too, and don't like it either. Hopefully it was just a one time thing?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »

Actually, the name for the other company is Amateur ELECTRONIC Supply.

I don't think any deletion is necessary since the title of the thread is simply singular and not plural....

We are all familiar with AES....

Actually there are several that could be confused. There is Houston, Austin, and MidSouth "Amateur Radio Supply" that I saw right off.

Clif
KB1YWP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

Well I have to Honestly admit for the last 4-5 days I have called them, "Amateur Radio Supplies" (Haverhill Ma) sent emails & left messages wishing to place a good size order.
Not one call back or email was responded to. Now I can understand if an emergency has hit the company but surely someone should be accountable for answering or taking orders. I didn't think this was a small "Mom & Pop" business.  Roll Eyes
KB1YWP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »

7 - Days now & still no Communication with this Co.  Huh
Is there anyone at the Helm or do they just fill internet orders ?
At this rate, I would hate to have to return something & get authorization !
KB0WD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »

Also  See

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,90279.0.html

73  Rich
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 05:49:55 AM »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are "Amateur Radio Supplies"

We answer the phones M-F from 8am Eastern to 5pm Eastern - this is typically the best way to get in touch with us.  We do value your feedback if you are having a hard job getting in touch with us.  Offering low prices and having customer service like a major US retailer is a tough challenge for sure.

If you've had a frustrating experience - let me know! We want to get better and hear from you.

Jim, KB1YWP:  the only record of communication I could find from you was a message left on our live chat answering box after hours.  If you have additional feedback - send it to me at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com.  Again, my apologies as we don't have a record of your inquiry.

Regard,
Jeff Demers
N1SNB
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »

I will play the devil's advocate and ask...

Did the website show that the item was out of stock?

Since I generally try to stay loyal to particular vendors and when I am shopping for an item, I will call the vendor and ask if the item is in stock regardless of what their website says since the status may not be in real time. If it is not in stock and it does not appear that it will be in stock in a reasonable amount of time, that is when I have to decide which is more important; my loyalty to the vendor or my desire to get the item quickly. Sometimes the vendor loses. Sorry.
WA4TBR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:30 AM »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are "Amateur Radio Supplies"

We answer the phones M-F from 8am Eastern to 5pm Eastern - this is typically the best way to get in touch with us.  We do value your feedback if you are having a hard job getting in touch with us.  Offering low prices and having customer service like a major US retailer is a tough challenge for sure.

If you've had a frustrating experience - let me know! We want to get better and hear from you.

Jim, KB1YWP:  the only record of communication I could find from you was a message left on our live chat answering box after hours.  If you have additional feedback - send it to me at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com.  Again, my apologies as we don't have a record of your inquiry.

Regard,
Jeff Demers
N1SNB

Sure wish I had seen this thread before ordering from this place. It hasn't been weeks but their communications has been - well, terrible.
I placed an order on 6/27 and noticed the next day, 6/28, that my debit card had been charged for the order. Normal, if the items had been shipped. I sent them a note and was contacted by "Sarah" (she's in CA by the way) on Monday saying the order had not shipped yet so I told her to just cancel it as she was implying that she didn't know when it would ship. She said "let me check on it" and she would get back to me.

Later, on Tuesday 7/2, I received an email from "Sarah" with a USPS tracking number so I thought all was well with the order. I received 2 packages on Friday, One from Davis RF with some rope I had ordered, and one from these folks with some coax that I ordered but no antenna.

I called Amateur Radio Supplies 1-877-727-3658 number and of course got their answering machine. In my experience, these folks never answer the phone I left word and also emailed "Sarah" in California and as of this post I haven't heard from anyone from this "company".

So, Jeff N1SNB, if you're reading this then you may want to modify your statement above - "We answer the phones M-F from 8am Eastern to 5pm Eastern" because based on what I've seen this is a total fabrication.

Regards,
Orin
WA4TBR

WA4TBR

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »

UPDATE:

I don't know if it was the post here that got things moving or if they just decided to listen to their answering machine or read emails but "Sarah" (the gal in CA) sent me an email with the USPS tracking number yesterday (7/8).

Lessons learned from this transaction:
1) Amateur Radio Supplies LLC doesn't stock most of what they advertise.
2) They will only let you know that they have charged your credit card, nothing else unless you send multiple emails and/or leave
messages inquiring about your order.
3) Need a wire antenna? - Go direct to Tom W8AMZ and you'll get much better service, Tom will answer the phone when you call, and
you'll get a better price.
4) Jeff Demers, N1SNB, knows how to make a really nice, slick looking WEB site but customer service doesn't appear to be a high priority.
5) Finally, I'll not be ordering anything from these folks again and you should think twice before you do.

Regards,
Orin
WA4TBR
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »

UPDATE:

3) Need a wire antenna? - Go direct to Tom W8AMZ and you'll get much better service, Tom will answer the phone when you call, and
you'll get a better price.

Maybe you haven't seen this thread: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,89688.0.html
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: