Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! I've lost my enthusiasm for the hobby!  (Read 4267 times)
KC9KXT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 05:12:29 AM »

Everyone has been very helpful and I have gone up there a couple days in a row (and worked a P2!) so thats a start. I also discovered that I havent put anything on the walls (liscence, awards, ham pics) so maybe upon doing that it will make it feel more like "my" shack and not a "radio room". Thanks again for all the encouragement and suggestions. 73's
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »

first, its ok to take a break.  Now perhaps you will find that taking a new ham just licensed under your wing and show him how to  set up a station, or build homebrew antennas etc, . or perhaps try a new mode, lioke dstar, jt65 or rtty contesting. trying something new is fun and helping folks  uses your knowledge. have fun.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »

A challenge will bring back the fun of ham radio. Here are a few...

• CW
    Digital modes
    QRP
    A wire antenna
    Contesting
160 meters
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:22:49 PM by WX7G » Logged
N6PG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 05:58:06 AM »

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to peak your interest again?

I was so busy with other things in life that I was out of the hobby for more than 20 years. I got back into it in 2009. Like everything in life, it needs balance. It's totally normal for interests to come and go, and the end result should be that hobbies are fun. If it isn't fun, then it's ok to give it a rest. Hang onto the gear though... The interest will return.

Most recently I've rekindled my interest in CW. Operating on mountain tops is new for me,mas is QRP.  There are endless areas of this hobby, and as others have suggested, find a new area to dabble in. If it doesn't sound like fun, then go do something else! Permission granted!  I sure did...
Scott N6PG
NG0K

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »

Weird that I was thinking about the same thing in the past days.  Been a long time since I posted on this site too.   

Anyway I haven't been on the air since Feb 2012.   I just lost interest and may even downsize rigs for some cash that I can use for other hobbies. 

My last child will be a senior in H.S. next year, so when she is in college I'll have more time.   I think I need a purpose to stay interested in ham radio, so I might get more involved in community service and ARES. 

I'm on a photography kick these days.  My artistic outlet hi hi.

73, Doug NG0K

73, Doug - NG0K
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: