Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supplies  (Read 11048 times)
KB0WD

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »

Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC
3 Washington Square
Suite 204 Haverhill, MA 01835

Very Poor Dealer.

Did not have product to ship but acted like  a large dealer.. " It's in the Shipping department pending shipping"

Can NOT be contacted by phone just music on hold.

Cancelled order and  still waiting for refund  " In the accounting department"

Address above by Google maps is  City Post Office...

Did a charge back  on my credit card.

KB0WD  Rich

KB0WD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:49:29 AM »

Also see

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,90243.0.html

73  Rich
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »

I've ordered cables from ARS, I've always gotten my stuff, albeit a couple-three weeks after ordering. Every time it's the same thing, some sort of random delay. I have to believe that it's some guy running a business out of his garage whose inventory is "just-in-time". IOW, he doesn't keep inventory on hand. If you wanna do business with ARS, be patient, and cool your jets until he finally gets your stuff in. If you're not the patient type, avoid ARS.
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »

Rich,

I'm sorry for your bad experience.  Thanks for relaying your feedback.

We've made some adjustments to our policies in large part because of your feedback.

We clearly fumbled this.  All antennas like the ones you ordered are drop shipped from the manufacturer and we never, mistakenly, transmitted the order to them.

We have emailed you offline with a further explanation and provided you with a coupon.

We inventory over 700 products in Haverhill, MA and our location, in fact, is exactly across the street from the Post Office. Our customer service team works hard to service the 75+ phone calls we get each day - sometimes people don't get through.  We will re-evaluate how we answer the phones in light of your experience.

Thanks for the feedback.  If you need help with an order or have feedback - please let us know and we'll solve your issue very promptly.

Jeff, N1SNB
jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »

I've ordered cables from ARS, I've always gotten my stuff, albeit a couple-three weeks after ordering. Every time it's the same thing, some sort of random delay. I have to believe that it's some guy running a business out of his garage whose inventory is "just-in-time". IOW, he doesn't keep inventory on hand. If you wanna do business with ARS, be patient, and cool your jets until he finally gets your stuff in. If you're not the patient type, avoid ARS.
Same end result here. All I wanted was 50' of coax! Won't do it again. 11 days to just ship it? Come on.... Oh, and no return phone calls either.
KV4PL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »

I had the same result. I ordered 75' of RG8x and a G5RV antenna. It took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive and then only the coax arrive. Finally 3-4 days later the antenna arrived. When I was connecting the end of the coax to the SWR meter I noticed my SWR would jump around if I wiggled the coax. I cut the coax end off and the center conductor pulled right out of the pl259. It was too short and wasn't soldered in the tip. I sent a email on 6/12 describing what had happened and asked them to send me another pl259. The did offer to pay the shipping and I could send the 75' of coax back, but as I didn't want to get on my roof again and pull the mast and antenna down, the said they would send me a pl259. as of today no pl259 and a email reply "We will look into it" They appear to be a large company, but that's the first and last time I'll order anything from them. The web site was broke when I ordered and I wasn't able to track my shipment.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 04:35:54 AM »

RG8X is small coax and requires an adapter to fit it to a PL259.  So you didn't need
a new pl259 just an adapter and cleaning the 259 you have plus a little expert
soldering.  PL259's can be cleaned of old solder and reused a number of times.
Best bet pick a good supplier!!

Good Luck
Allen KA5N
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »

I recently ordered cables from ARS. To my surprise they shipped the day after I ordered them (I placed my order on Sunday, shipped Monday) and they arrived two days later. I had expected yet another shipping delay. I ordered from ARS because I've found them to be the best source for premade RG8 cable, most places just want to sell you the cable and make you add the connectors. I've never had any trouble with their premade cables.
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 02:58:39 AM »

I placed an order with ARS couple of weeks ago. Received partial order of cables but still waiting for rest of the order. Same thing they will get back to me then seem to drop the ball again. Still waiting for my Weller soldering gun. They said in stock shipping within 24 hours. I guess everything is drop shipped directly from each manufacturer. Can't even find out how much delay it will be. They did get their money though.
N9CQC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:22 AM »

I have to add my voice to the others complaining about this company.  In today's on-line world you expect better communication and service from a vendor.  I placed an order on Sunday and my CC was charged within a couple of hours.  A week later the items had not shipped and were still showing as "in process".  I emailed an inquiry but never received a response.

I don't have a problem with out-of-stock items or even the delay in shipping but not communicating with your customer is inexcusable.

Ed
n9cqc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: