The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supplies  (Read 80753 times)
KB0WD

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »

Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC
3 Washington Square
Suite 204 Haverhill, MA 01835

Very Poor Dealer.

Did not have product to ship but acted like  a large dealer.. " It's in the Shipping department pending shipping"

Can NOT be contacted by phone just music on hold.

Cancelled order and  still waiting for refund  " In the accounting department"

Address above by Google maps is  City Post Office...

Did a charge back  on my credit card.

KB0WD  Rich
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:38:01 AM »

Yes, their offerings are limited, and a lot of the equipment they advertize is drop shipped.  To be honest, I'm surprised that a ham radio dealer has even opened in Massachusetts since the taxes on small businesses in the state are a heavy burder on those businesses.  I'm speaking of inventory taxes and the like.  Ham Radio Outlet has its location in New Hampshire, and is a five minute drive from the Mass. border.  I've been given reason to believe (from the people there) that they selected that location simply because of the business friendly attitude of New Hampshire as compared to Mass., not to mention that New Hampshire has no sales taxes either.
KK4FZI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

I will not be ordering from this company again ..... Very slow shipping.... Unable to contact them by phone or email.
WA4TBR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »

I will not be ordering from this company again ..... Very slow shipping.... Unable to contact them by phone or email.

Ditto -
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »

Good price on coax. Shipping wasn't too bad. Ordered a soldering gun along with the coax and that was the broken link. They took several weeks although they indicated it was a stock item and shipped in 24 hours. Calling and emailing them was a waste of time they are just slow. You will get the item eventually. I think everything is drop shipped. We called many times and got the item in 3 weeks.
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »

I placed an order with them on Friday for a 20m dipole, some UHF->SMA adapters and a 15' coax cable.  Let's see how long before they ship.   I really need the dipole for my Ham It Up board that I ordered.
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »

I placed an order with them on Friday for a 20m dipole, some UHF->SMA adapters and a 15' coax cable.  Let's see how long before they ship.   I really need the dipole for my Ham It Up board that I ordered.

I decided to call the customer service number and inquire about the order.  Someone picked up within 60 seconds and pulled up the order.  He said it should get processed today or tomorrow.
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:52 PM »

As the owner of Amateur Radio Supplies, I'm deeply sorry you had a bad experience with my company. Please feel free to email me directly at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com with EHAM in the title and I'll personally make any wrongs done right. We built the business on building a loyal customer base and I have no intentions of ruining that.

Apologies,

Jeff N1SNB
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 06:14:04 AM »

As the owner of Amateur Radio Supplies, I'm deeply sorry you had a bad experience with my company. Please feel free to email me directly at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com with EHAM in the title and I'll personally make any wrongs done right. We built the business on building a loyal customer base and I have no intentions of ruining that.

Apologies,

Jeff N1SNB

Jeff

I have seen this reply from you in a few threads now.  It would be nice to see responses from individuals who have emailed you with EHAM in the subject line as to whether their issues have been resolved.
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »

As requested, I sent an e-mail to Jeff yesterday and haven't heard back from him.  I tried calling the 877# to check on the status of my order and just get sent to voice mail.  I just left a message for them to cancel my order.  I also sent an e-mail via their "help desk" and we'll see what happens.

Their website clearly states credit cards will be charged within 24-hours of shipping.  They charged it last Sunday and nothing has shipped.  If I don't hear back by mid-week about the cancellation, I'll go ahead and file a chargeback with my credit card company.

It's sad that a company like this has such poor customer service. 
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »

As requested, I sent an e-mail to Jeff yesterday and haven't heard back from him.  I tried calling the 877# to check on the status of my order and just get sent to voice mail.  I just left a message for them to cancel my order.  I also sent an e-mail via their "help desk" and we'll see what happens.

Their website clearly states credit cards will be charged within 24-hours of shipping.  They charged it last Sunday and nothing has shipped.  If I don't hear back by mid-week about the cancellation, I'll go ahead and file a chargeback with my credit card company.

It's sad that a company like this has such poor customer service. 

As a follow up, I received an email from Jeff at 1:20pm saying he was looking into it. 40 minutes later I received a shipping notification.

I will post next when/if I receive the package.  Unfortunately I can't delete/edit my previous post.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 04:44:01 AM »

Unfortunately, some on this site are all too ready to set down complaints on this forum, but they're not so ready to say that they're problems have been answered and set right.  Sad, but all too true.
KF5WTB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 06:10:37 AM »

After dealing with their Sara Craig( do not know if it is an actual person or not ,only emails)  for 3 weeks on an order back a few months ago ,that I ended up cancelling. And the two latest online orders I placed on Aug 17th&18th, with a call to the company on Aug 26th after no packages arrived ( other orders from  HRO,and AES both ordered the Monday AFTER my ARS orders had already come in) by the 26th, I talked to a male employee who stumbled around but never answered my question of when are you going to send my stuff?   I sent an email today a week later asking the same question to probably Sara Craig.  So I am looking probably Monday for an answer from her, this is NOT a good way to take care of business.   I will also write to the owner as soon as I leave this site. Angry   If the package is brought to me by Jeff himself next week, I am still not happy, no way a customer should have to wait this long, and for the second time!
KF5WTB

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »

ARS Owner Jeff  sent email  5 minutes ago, will report outcome.
KF5WTB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »

The owner replied Quickly By 10:15 this morning and hopefully entire order is shipped he mentions a cable , My order consisted of 9 items 2 orders placed a day apart, I'm sure it will be good to go. It shows #8029 has shipped, now I hope that #8053 is soon to follow or included in this shipment

jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com (jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com)
10:10 AM

Jeff,

Thanks for the note and the opportunity to fix this.

I value your business and feedback greatly. We will send another cable post haste.

Thanks
Jeff N1SNB

Hello Jeffery N ,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: 8029 placed on 08/17/2013)

• To track your package visit the following link:
     My Account

• You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice. Please note that tracking numbers may take 24 to 48 hours to appear in your 'My Account' dashboard

Thanks again for shopping at www.amateurradiosupplies.com!
 Visit us anytime at http://www.amateurradiosupplies.com/

Thank you Jeff N1SNB for getting things moving. 

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: