Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe v6.2  (Read 11691 times)
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 03:29:01 AM »

I have HRD 5 with a USB-serial.

Exactly what "USB-serial" are you using? I could never get the HRD working because I have a USB CAT cable.

I am using a USB CAT cable with HRD and my TS-590 and it works just fine. All CAT/Sound/PTT functions go through that cable. I do have a separate cable for CW. So it will work with a USB CAT Cable.
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »

Thanks!

Later, Bill N7ZAL (ex. WA2DPB, WB3BOC, N2FWS)
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 06:33:10 AM »

Don't blame the software for your computer not being set up correctly.
KE2EB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »

I've tried several attempt's to download hrd...every attempt has been almost completed..than sudden failure to complete download! I like the feature's..but alas..mischeif or whatever...so i do Not pay for Nothing i cannot use. I'll just be happy with my multipsk&fldigi ;-) ghcall ke2eb
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »

Not "blaming" anything and they have a well known problem with the port assignments that is well documented on their site. If something requires a lot of work to get it going, then it isn't user friendly enough for me.

I realize a lot of people with older computers (serial ports) are very happy and satisfied. I will give it another try and see if they can offer some suggestions for me. However, I don't "need" it and have other software that works fine. JMO

WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »

Not "blaming" anything and they have a well known problem with the port assignments that is well documented on their site. If something requires a lot of work to get it going, then it isn't user friendly enough for me.

I realize a lot of people with older computers (serial ports) are very happy and satisfied. I will give it another try and see if they can offer some suggestions for me. However, I don't "need" it and have other software that works fine. JMO

I have it running on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems. Neither system is older and the Windows 8 system is less than a year old. There have been absolutely no installation or download issues. It installs easily and just runs.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »

It's not the software's problem, it's the computer owners problem. Port assignments and computer setup is up to the owner. They try their best to help you with YOUR computer problems(from what I have seen). Don't blame the software for your lack of ability.
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »

It is useless to try and be reasonable with some people. OK, you know more than I do, have a better education, and have a great knowledge of computers. That is fantastic. However, I do have a degree and a lot of computer knowledge and skills. Even had a corporation I founded.

There is an old saying about, " give me a ready hand, not a ready tongue."

With that said, I'll climb back into my hole. Smiley

WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 04:06:30 AM »

I guess when people say "port assignments" this can refer to network ports or com ports so I am not sure what the complaint is. As for network ports, they are all pre-set. For example JT-65HF works upon installation with HRD as it already knows the ports being used.

If it is com ports, sure you have to tell HRD what serial cable is connected to what radio and set the correct speed of the radio's port to match.

I have three radios connected to HRD and two CW interfaces for keying.

So when their are comments about these so-called issues with "port assignments", I guess I am baffled as to what the issue is since I have never had issues related to network or com ports and I have been running HRD since its most early days with Simon. HRD works with all the radios I have and works with other non-HRD programs.

Can anyone shed more light on these port assignment issues? I'd like to know what I am missing.
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

Duffy,

It could be he had a prolific cable or he had Windows ghost ports and as you know, those are not HRD issues but issues with the Windows drivers.

I sent him a 10 day key with support and he (N7ZAL) said :

"I did get it to setup fine and don't know what my previous problem was, unless I had the port being used by another program. Sad"

So he is good to go and using the demo as we speak.

Rick - W4PC
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 04:06:52 AM »

Yup, most likely Prolific serial adapters are the issue. Don't think that would keep the program from installing. However, get serial/USB adapters with FTDI chips as they are much, much, much better.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: