The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe and its Wonderful Support??  (Read 24633 times)
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2015, 04:34:58 AM »

And yes, I still use HRD. The really sad thing is that most of the pieces of the program work great, it just the people who own the company and work for them that are the most disappointing aspect of HRD.

I would hope you're not still using the program that you got a refund for as not working correctly. If so you need to send them a refund.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »

From time to time I still get the lockups.

Harry, I will make the same suggestion to you as I made to Stan and that you might want to consider switching to the MySQL MariaDB instead of Access. I am not wise in the ways of database programming, but apparently this Maria thingy is a lot more efficient than Access for some reason. I first installed it when my PC was running Win8.1 and it made the switchover to Win10 with no issues.

Here is a video Mike made that explains the process. I did it and I don't have any lockup issues. It is not difficult, but there are a lot of steps that need to be followed precisely as described. While I still have zero respect for Mike as a businessman, he appears to know what he is talking about in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7f-RZOnmDs

WE1X

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »

From time to time I still get the lockups.

Harry, I will make the same suggestion to you as I made to Stan and that you might want to consider switching to the MySQL MariaDB instead of Access. I am not wise in the ways of database programming, but apparently this Maria thingy is a lot more efficient than Access for some reason. I first installed it when my PC was running Win8.1 and it made the switchover to Win10 with no issues.

Here is a video Mike made that explains the process. I did it and I don't have any lockup issues. It is not difficult, but there are a lot of steps that need to be followed precisely as described. While I still have zero respect for Mike as a businessman, he appears to know what he is talking about in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7f-RZOnmDs

Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will take a look.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: