Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts doesn't do what they say....  (Read 36518 times)
W5ZZT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »

I called gigaparts last week to order a FTDX-1200.  I couldn't get a straight answer from the sales person on when it would ship.  They said it depended on this and that.  I hung up and called again.  Got a different person and got the same run-a-round.  I have ordered from them once before and not had any trouble.  I suspect even though their web site said they had the radio in stock they really didn't.  They were probably expecting some soon and just trying to get the sale.

I hung up and Called HRO.  Had the radio in two days from the Denver store.  They are hard to beat and will get all my future business.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »

Hi, to KE4JOY,

I did not write these words

I its odd, or maybe not that a profitable company like FedEx would hand off parcels to a 'company' that is bleeding money.

Are you responding to my post or have a question for another?

73 james

hi,

take a look at this tracking number at FedEx website, 61292700752320119118,
this will not work using Google, it shows FedEx has the package and hands
off to USPS SmartPost facility.

If you think about it, USPS is out on the road six days a week,
makes sense for UPS and FedEx to hand off to USPS.

I its odd, or maybe not that a profitable company like FedEx would hand off parcels to a 'company' that is bleeding money.
73 james
N6OIL

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »

Well I'm going to put in my plug for Gigaparts. Our school district that I work for placed an order for about $2k plus, the order process from start to finish went great. I do recommend trading with Gigaparts.

Rory
Silver Valley USD
K6WHP

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »

George of GigaParts,

If you're still on frequency, I want to raise a complaint about MY IC-7200. It came in black and I wanted OD. Can you see if you can arrange a $250 refund for me as well?

Of course, there might be a little difficulty because I bought it from HRO in Anaheim but there's no harm in trying, is there?

Roll Eyes

(Seriously, you publicly took some steps to resolve this problem and I respect that.)

Bill, k6whp
KB2VDE

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »

Here is my first and last experience with GigaParts.com

I ordered three items, a IC-718 , a G5RV and a RH77CA HT antenna. I placed my order on Monday Feb 17th.

On Friday, February 21, 2014 2:10 PM, Rebecca Avgoustopoulos <rebeccaa@gigaparts.com> wrote:

Hi James!

This is in regard to the order you placed with us recently.
The RH77CA antennas are currently on backorder so your order may not ship right away.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are expecting more soon.
I will keep you updated on the ETA, but you are welcome to let me know if you need to make any changes. If you are in a hurry to receive the rest of your order, I can send it out in two shipments for a $4.00 shipping fee.

Please let me know if there are any alternatives you are interested in.

Thanks so much for your patience!

I responded back Feb 21 at 9:22 PM

Very nice of you to notify me 4 days after I ordered. Next time I will just order from HRO because I know they deliver pronto and if something is back ordered I do not get charged extra for them to send it later.

Have a Great Day!

Rebecca Avgoustopoulos  responds back Feb 24 at 6:05 PM

James, I'm very sorry for the delay in sending you a message regarding the backordered item. The website indicates when an item is on backorder, we I offer the opportunity to ship separately in the event that the remainder of the order is ready to ship. We only require a shipping fee if the original order is already shipping for free and the item on backorder does not qualify for free shipping alone.

If you would like, I can waive the shipping fee this time due to the delay in notifying you. I am very sorry about the inconvenience and I don't intend to mislead you in any way. Please let me know if you are still interested and I'll gladly make it happen. Thanks again for your reply.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Avgoustopoulos KK4SKL

Three minutes later I get another e-mail from Rebecca

Feb 24 at 6:08 PM
Rebecca Avgoustopoulos James, Correction the antenna is in stock now and I will not need to ship anything separately. I have released it to the shipping department so you should have all items very soon. Again, I'm sorry Again, I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Avgoustopoulos KK4SKL
GigaParts

My response to Rebecca Today February 25th at 2:33 AM 
I was just going to cancel my order with you. It seems you folks have a bad reputation on the shipping end. http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?ehamsid=mif2urq1bmcace54eaqto32e76&topic=90331.0

I ordered a MFJ 259B from HRO last night and it is already shipped and scheduled for delivery Wednesday.

It's nice to know you finally have the antenna in stock and your going to ship my order. Perhaps you can manage to send the tracking number before my shipment from HRO arrives Wednesday. I certainly hope your not sending it USPS.

Quality of service matters and saying sorry does not get the job done.

Have a good day

Jim.

This morning I checked Gigaparts website to see if the RH77CA HT antenna was in stock, it was not according to their website.
So a couple minutes after they opened this morning I called and spoke to a girl named Sally who told
me they were on back order. Wonderful, I think I am getting jerked around at this point.

So I call back a couple minutes later and speak with another girl named Shelley Mackay and inquire if my order has been shipped. She tells me they are about to box it up and ship it. About to? Hummmm.... I wonder if that is code for, Yea it will be shipped as soon as the RH77CA comes in and I hope they come in today!

Rebecca said the "Antenna" was in stock. I wonder what Antenna she was speaking of!

It appears to be a stall game at this point so I decided to cancel my order with GigaParts.

Shelley Mackay
To Me
Today at 10:13 AM
Hi Jim,

I'm sorry we were unable to fulfill your order in time!
I have attached a copy of your voided sales order to this email for your records.
I do hope we get the opportunity to work with you in the future!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
Shelley Mackay KK4VST

-------------------------------------------------------
To GigaParts.com.

You blew it big time over a lousy 4 dollars you wanted for shipping the HT antenna.

I ordered My items from HRO and they will be shipped TODAY!

KJ4RYP

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 03:57:13 PM »

Jim,

I know an apology alone doesn't make up for a bad experience. That’s one reason we’re always willing to go the extra mile to make our customers happy. I would like to address the points you brought up and perhaps clear up some of the misunderstanding.

When you placed your order on Monday of last week, the RH77CA was out of stock. This was indicated on our website with a status of “Usually Ships In 7-14 Days”. On Friday, we were growing concerned that we were not going to receive enough of them on our next shipment to meet that time frame, which is why we contacted you and offered to go ahead and partially ship your order.

Monday evening, we received a shipment from Diamond and were able to fill your order. That’s when Rebecca sent you the update letting you know we could ship your entire order. The website continues to show it as out of stock because there were more orders waiting on that antenna than the number of antennas we received. So, depending on what you asked when you called, there are two different answers: yes, we had received the antenna for your backorder; no, the antenna was not “in stock”.

I understand we didn't do a good job of conveying that information to you from the beginning, but I hope you'll give us an opportunity to make it up to you on a future order.

Carl Jordan, KJ4RYP
Senior Customer Service Rep
GigaParts Radio Department
866-535-4442
KB2VDE

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »

Carl, Let me be very blunt with you. I find your excuse lame at best and let me explain why. As a Business man in the services business you know fully well when a customer calls he or she expects a quick prompt service. If you read the e-mails in the order they were received you will note it was 4 business days after I placed my order that I was notified it was had not shipped and Rebecca offers to ship for the 4 dollar difference. That is neither quick or prompt.

I just visited your web page for the RH77CA

http://www.gigaparts.com/Product-Lines/?search=RH77CA&sc=29&Submit2.x=20&Submit2.y=19

And it states:
SKU: ZDM-RH77CA
Usually Ships In 7-14 Days

No where does it state it is on back order, only that it Usually Ships In 7-14 Days
If it was a back order item it should have clearly stated not in stock, back order item.

I just read your shipping policy.

FREE SHIPPING -- NO SHIPPING, HANDLING, or PACKAGING FEES
will be charged on shipments consisting of at least $200 in new radio gear, that are shipping to physical addresses located in any of the contiguous 48 states and can be automatically verified with your bank through the AVS (Address Verification System) Program. If your order is shipped in multiple shipments due to backorders, the first shipment is free and subsequent shipments will be charged S&H unless the total value of the subsequent shipment is $200 or more.

This is a poor policy and let me explain why. Lets say I ordered three items with a total value of $500.00
Two of the items cost $200.00 each and one costs $100.00

You have one $200.00 and one $100.00 item in stock. It would be shipped free and the remaining $200.00
item which was back ordered would be shipped free also.

Now lets play with the three items in a different order.

Two items that cost $200.00 each are in stock. The $100.00 item is on back order.

The two $200.00 items would ship free and I would be charged S&H on the $100.00 item because it was not in stock and on back order.

Your policy is a catch 22 policy at best.

Now with that said lets move on to the sequence in which things happened. 4 days after my initial order was placed
Rebecca notifies me the order is on hold and that little $4.00 charge if I want it now. This is on a Friday. Friday night I respond and mention HRO and hear nothing until Monday evening. Someone should have contacted me Saturday.

Monday evening, a full seven days after I placed my order Rebecca offers waive the shipping fee. I suppose that had nothing to do with my mention HRO. 3 minutes after  that e-mail Rebecca sends another and states the Antenna is in stock and " you should have all items very soon" Whatever that means! Kinda like Bill Clinton
and his famous " It Depends on what the meaning of the word is is "

Rebecca never stated when it would be shipped, just that I would get it very soon.

Carl, I am not buying your story of " there were more orders waiting on that antenna than the number of antennas we received. "

Having been in the service business I know you double down on parts orders when there is a backlog simply because one does want to get caught flat footed with unsatisfied customers.

Lets just say I am in the repair business of copiers and fax machines and I have a contract with you to provide those services. You call me up and tell me you have 2 different fax machines down and one copier. I have replacement  parts for one fax machine and one copier but not the other because I used those parts up today.

Should I contact you 4 days after you requested service and tell you I can not service your machines because I am missing parts for just one of your down machines and if you require service right now it will cost you extra for me to return and fix the other machine when the parts arrive? 

Are you getting the clue here Carl?

I would be out of business in a flash if I did such a thing.

So I canceled my order as I feel you are unworthy of my business.

I believe what W5ZZT posted hit the nail on the head.

Have a Great Day.

Jim

KB2VDE

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2014, 08:14:25 PM »

A little update.

I received an E-mail from Carl Jordan.

Jim,

I know an apology alone doesn't make up for a bad experience. That’s one reason we’re always willing to go the extra mile to make our customers happy. I would like to address the points you brought up and perhaps clear up some of the misunderstanding.

When you placed your order on Monday of last week, the RH77CA was out of stock. This was indicated on our website with a status of “Usually Ships In 7-14 Days”. On Friday, we were growing concerned that we were not going to receive enough of them on our next shipment to meet that time frame, which is why we contacted you and offered to go ahead and partially ship your order.

Monday evening, we received a shipment from Diamond and were able to fill your order. That’s when Rebecca sent you the update letting you know we could ship your entire order. The website continues to show it as out of stock because there were more orders waiting on that antenna than the number of antennas we received. So, depending on what you asked when you called, there are two different answers: yes, we had received the antenna for your backorder; no, the antenna was not “in stock”.

I understand we didn't do a good job of conveying that information to you from the beginning, but I hope you'll give us an opportunity to make it up to you on a future order. Would a $20 credit on your account with GigaParts earn us another chance at your continued business?

Carl Jordan, KJ4RYP

Senior Customer Service Rep

GigaParts Radio Department

866-535-4442
-----------------------------------

Carl, had GigaParts shipped my items promptly we would not be having this discussion would we.

Your offer of $20.00 credit is declined. Perhaps it would be better spent shipping someone else their items
promptly without trying to nickle and dime customers on back orders.

I am a firm believer in Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Have a Good Day

Jim

KG8JF

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »

As I read the story, I was really feeling animosity towards Giga Parts.  Glad to say that in the end they worked it out to everyone's satisfaction. 
KB0XR

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 05:44:50 AM »

Now that Giga has been beaten into submission, I think I will call them and order something.  Geez, mistakes happen.  It's not like the blood was delivered to the hospital late.
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »

Now that Giga has been beaten into submission, I think I will call them and order something.  Geez, mistakes happen.  It's not like the blood was delivered to the hospital late.

I know, it was a $25 antenna... 

So

1. He never paid for the antenna and only would been charged when it was shipped, which the site said 7-14 days
2. The emailed him on day 4 saying it may take more than the 14 days (in my world 7-14 shipping means backorderd) that was 4 days until the 7 days was up.
3. He never was charged shipping
3. He raised hell about not having the antenna yesterday. Even though that was day 3.
5. He canceled the order
6. He was never charged.
7. Giga offered a $20 credit
8. He told them to shove the $20 credit.

Is that about right?

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »

Exactly right.

And I've always had good experiences with GigaParts and will certainly do business with them in the future. 

Vince
KB2VDE

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 10:06:21 PM »

W4PC, You would make a great politician. Your spin on things makes it look as if I was unreasonable to expect shipment in a timely manner. Perhaps you're one of those laid back guys that expects little service for you're money.

Unlike you, when I order something I expect it to be shipped ASAP. I noticed you failed to mention GigaParts slow response and poor communications. As I pointed out their shipping policy is a bit ambiguous to say the least. One's order could easily be "  Adjusted "  where it would behoove the seller vs the buyer. I would be inclined to think I am not the only person this has happened to. It seems GigaParts became motivated after I mentioned HRO. Instead of just shipping the partial order immediately and sending the other item along later they choose to wait several days before even notifying me that they did not ship.  I suppose you never noticed KJ4RYP post was also identical to the E-mail I received from him except for the bottom line where he offers a $20.00 credit.

Did it occur to you to question why that offer was not included in his post?  I doubt it.

In business it is a back door deal, quite common actually from my experience. I would wager most would have taken the deal without a word mentioned. Having been in business I can tell you Vendors do "clip" customers  occasionally and when caught most will offer some kind of deal, usually money or product to keep you in the fold so to speak.

I did not lose a dime in this deal as you mentioned, but wasted a week due to non shipment.  Actually I made out better with HRO as the radio was cheaper and they threw in a extra year of warranty. They had the RH77CA in stock and also a better price than GigaParts current price.  I did not order the G5RV as I made arrangements to buy one locally at a great price. My order was shipped, I am a happy Puppy. No belated  emails with HRO.

Your spin was great but a bit lopsided as it failed to take in the failure of GigaParts to deliver in a timely fashion in my opinion. You never questioned why when GigaParts re-ordered the antenna they failed to order enough to cover future demands. I found that a bit odd.

Funny thing, my first radio was purchased from HRO. A Yaesu FT-530 years ago. Later I ordered several other items to include a mic for the same radio. Upon arrival the mic was missing from the carton. I called HRO,
explained the problem and they sent another one the following day no questions asked. It spoke volumes of this company.

I gave GigaParts a try and found what W5ZZT posted hit the nail on the head. What else can I say, I posted my experience.

Have a good day W4PC

WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »

So, instead of ordering from a vendor you liked, who had the item you wanted at a better price and longer warranty, you ordered from one you had never ordered from before at a higher price and less warranty?

Hmmmmm.   Huh
N4GKS

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »

VDE, order from HRO or AES or the other ham stores. Quit boring us with your complaining.  Tongue
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: