Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Kinetics system 2000 furnace  (Read 8238 times)
SIGINT11

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »

Doe's anyone have any experience with RFI from an Energy Kinetics System 2000 heating system,   I'm switching to gas and this is the model I would like to get.

thanks
SIGINT11

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

I finally got my new boiler installed, the Energy Kinetics System 2000.   To date I have not noticed any new RFI to my HF spectrum,  just the usual crap from the neighborhood.

I have run the system through many different on/off cycles while I monitor several different HF frequencies and have not noticed anything. So for now I will give it a passing grade in the RFI category.
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »

Hrm what would be in there to cause RFI other than the ignition circuit?
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »

possible sources of RFI, which you aren't seeing thank goodness, would be a solid-state controller, tired relay contacts to pumps or whatever, fancy gollywog newfangled remote reading gas meter, digital thermostat, etc.

probably nothing that a Corcom filter on the AC to the boiler control and a bunch of ferrites and/or .01 X-rated safety capacitors wouldn't fix.  on the 24 volt lines to controls, whatever disc ceramics in the .001-.01 range you have lying around would do it, 50 volts or up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: