Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT Sprint Still available?  (Read 4106 times)
WE2F

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:48:07 AM »

I've been looking at buying an AT Sprint QRP kit, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Are they still in production? Any direction would be helpful. Thanks.

WE2F
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:10:08 AM »

All of the AT series kits have sold out within a week or two of being released, so your only chance of getting one are to be in the know and get your check in to KD1JV when he offers one, or buy one used/built.

Another option would be to buy a PFR3 or Weber tribander rig from Hendricks kits, which are basically AT rig spinoffs.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
K5ACO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:44:58 AM »

The PFR3 is a great 3-band rig for 20, 30, and 40 meters.  best for taking into the woods or on vacation.

If you want it for home use,  the tribander lets you pick any 3 bands at time of build and has a dial to set the freq.

The kits are easy to build and tune up and are not Surface Mount components like the Sprint. KD1JV and QRPKits get high marks from me.

Note that QRPKits is on vacation for the month of June
GILGSN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »

All of the AT series kits have sold out within a week or two of being released

The last release, the MTR, sold within hours... It's an awesome rig. I suggest that you sign-up for the Yahoo group and make sure you're ready when the word goes out for the next release, whatever model that may be. I wouldn't mind getting another MTR myself!
See: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AT_Sprint
You may also save a search on Ebay, but they don't come up for sale very often..

Gil.
WE2F

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have been so bogged down at work that I didn't have a chance to check out the responses until this evening. I agree on the PFR-3, mine is almost built. I should have it on the air before the weekend is out. I guess that's why I'm so interested in the AT sprint as well. I kind of love building small trancievers, it's a curse for my bank account, but it keeps me out of the bars. Smiley I'm a little worried that my bench will seem too empty without an ongoing project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: