Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham radio Outlet-Atlanta  (Read 6344 times)
DLITTLE

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »

For a new ham Operator, it is refreshing to do bussines with an organization that is willing to spend time, answer questions, office ideas and not just 'sell' something.

This was the case when I did business with HRO in Atlanta. For a new Ham, walking intothe store can be like walking into a doctor's office.

Mark and crew were very helpful, we had a good time and I left happy!

What else can I say!

Doug
KU7PDX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »

I don't mind paying an extra 3-5% on an item at HRO just because of how friendly and helpful their staff is. Sure, if I know exactly what I need I might get it online, but if I have doubts, it's nice to walk in and be able to ask some questions.

Chris - KU7PDX
KT4DLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »

The crew at Atlanta are great to deal with. I had some equipment problems back the first of the year, and they went out of their way to help me. They are at the top of my list!

Lamar
KK4NZO
W9WLS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »

Just after Christmas we had storm damage which trashed several pieces of station equipment.
To comply with what the insurance adjuster wanted I went shopping for prices .
Denise at "HRO Atlanta" won the bid , she did a "Outstanding" job of matching up the damaged equipment with currently available equipment and dealing with the Insurance company's requirement's AND saved some money in the process.

Thank You Again Denise and HRO Atlanta !
KK4RCV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 01:09:37 AM »

Doug,
   I had a simliar experience with HRO Atlanta this week as well.  I'm a new ham and am putting together a temporary shack.  The guys @ HRO Atlanta were very patient and explained the differences between models, brands.   As a result, I feel completely confident in what I purchased.   I'll definitely be using them again...and I can see spending quite a bit of $$$ over the next few years. 
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »

I don't mind paying an extra 3-5% on an item at HRO......

Compared to whom?  Their pricing is consistently better than just about anyone else's.  AES has even decided to compete with their pricing.  Smaller dealers will usually be higher, maybe with the exception of Cheapham.

Yes, they are the best, but I have no idea who you're comparing them to.
N3HFS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 05:46:22 AM »

I don't mind paying an extra 3-5% on an item at HRO......

Compared to whom?  Their pricing is consistently better than just about anyone else's.  AES has even decided to compete with their pricing.  Smaller dealers will usually be higher, maybe with the exception of Cheapham.

Yes, they are the best, but I have no idea who you're comparing them to.

I'm not 100% certain about this, but I'm thinking that HRO's in-store (bricks-and-mortar) prices might be slightly higher than their online prices. That would certainly be a fair and understandable practice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: