Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS-2000X Problem  (Read 1506 times)
KF4GKY

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »

Hello,
  My Kenwood TS-2000X will not key the mic when you push the button.  I am using the hand mic that came with the radio.  You can change freq with the buttons on the mic.  I did look in the instruction manual at the troubleshooting.  The mic is plugged in, the transmit inhibit function is off, selected the correct antenna, changed the dsp tx settings, and tried am, fm, ssb modes and nothing works.  If I select VOX it will transmit.  My SWR is less than 2 across the band.  Any ideas on what the problem may be?  And yes I tried a different mic.
                                                                                                          Thank you,
                                                                                                                     John
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »

What happens when you push the send button on the radio?

Clif
KF4GKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »

Clif
It will lock the transmitter in send mode
K9AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »

are you running hf uhf or vhf, if you are on uhf or vhf you have to be  in the frequency range of the band you are using
KF4GKY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 01:19:27 PM »

are you running hf uhf or vhf, if you are on uhf or vhf you have to be  in the frequency range of the band you are using
I am within the freq to transmit.  Tried between 28.300 and 28.500 and 144.00 and 148.00.  Does not matter what band I select it will only transmit when I push the VOX or Send button. 
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Clif
It will lock the transmitter in send mode

Then you most likely have a broken connection or bad switch in the mic's PTT circuit. 

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »

If your eye sight is good enough use a paper clip between pins 2 and 8 on 2000. This is PTT control. If rig keys it is in mic or cable, if it does not key then problem is internal.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
KF4GKY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »

If your eye sight is good enough use a paper clip between pins 2 and 8 on 2000. This is PTT control. If rig keys it is in mic or cable, if it does not key then problem is internal.

Just my luck it is an internal problem.  I guess I will ship it to Kenwood
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: