Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ADJ tuning knob Kenwood TS-590  (Read 1719 times)
KA5ROW

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »

I have 2 rigs a Icom Pro III, one of the very last ones made. I also have a Kenwood TS-590. Both rigs are great. My only complaint is that the Kenwood tuning knob is not as smooth as the Icom. I have never owned a high end radio like the Icom before. I assume it's only that I am comparing a $1600 rig to a $3000+ radio.
So is there a adjustment I could make on the Kenwood?
 I just don't want the Kenwood to change frequency so fast, just seems a little touchy to me.
NZ4ZN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »

1) There is a "Fine" tuning button that provides less change per revolution of the main tuning control.

2) There is an RIT function to fine tune receive frequency only, and an XIT function to fine tune you TX frequency.

3) The 'feel' of the main tuning knob can be changed by adjusting the friction clutch, which is the lever under the tuning knob.
WB0LJK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »

In addition to 3 options mentioned in the previous post.  There is also a setup menu option which changes the rate (Hz/Revolution) of the tuning knob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: