Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Key slides around desk  (Read 16509 times)
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »

Bought 16 vinyl "bumpers" at home depot last week for under $3.00.  They are 1/2 inch diameter, peel and stick and refuse to slide.  They are soft vinyl and almost feel like rubber cement to the touch.
Put four of them on my old (new to me) Nye-Viking Master which was missing one foot.  It is now solid as a rock.
You'll find them in the section with chair leg tips, slides etc.
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »

Buy a small cheap roll of rubberized/foam shelf liner(the small square hole stuff) at WallMart or chain drug store cut to fit under base/feet,I use this on a glass desk top and keys don't move a bit.

I also use this shelf liner. Works great
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 08:27:10 PM »

Bought 16 vinyl "bumpers" at home depot last week for under $3.00.  They are 1/2 inch diameter, peel and stick and refuse to slide.  They are soft vinyl and almost feel like rubber cement to the touch.
Put four of them on my old (new to me) Nye-Viking Master which was missing one foot.  It is now solid as a rock.
You'll find them in the section with chair leg tips, slides etc.
Try a mouse pad...  Smiley

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

Wood desk?  Nails.

Metal desk?  Weld.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 07:25:25 PM »

Metal desk?  Weld.

A magnet is just as effective (on steel), and less permanent.   Unless your shack is in a high-theft neighborhood.

.       Charles
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »

Noted.  Grin

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KU3V

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2013, 08:15:26 PM »

I use an Iambic keyer.  It does not slide at all because I filled an empty tuna fish can with lead and covered the lead with a thin layer of epoxy to stop any lead dust.  Then on the bottom I side I bolted the Iambic keyer to the can.  Also on my desk between the can and the desk I cut a circle of wallboard sand paper in a circle.  The can sits on it.  The Iambic keyer does NOT move at all. 
KU3V
Bill
W7JCK

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »

At the local hardware store where they have those racks/bins of small hardware (stainless bits, spacers, collars, corks, bearings, etc) they had a drawer with little adhesive rubber feet for 50 cents each.  One on each corner of a key and paddle and they are completely solid now.   I've seen the same gadgets every so often in a new Ethernet switch, as an option to stick under the case; free that way.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »

If you really don't want it to move around, get a 1/2 inch thick board about 4 inches wide by however long it needs to be so your hand fits on it.  Drill 4 shallow holes to fit the pads and it will be captured and not move.  Use plain white pine if you don't want it to look neat or finished hardwood if appearance is important.  This worked well for me until I lightened up my touch.
Art
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: