Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Untidy Shacks  (Read 4972 times)
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

Aw!  Now that was a crummy thing to do.  I won't be in a big hurry to participate in this site any further.  NO sense of humor, Mike!
TA (how I sign when I'm pissed)
It wasn't my intention to piss anyone off.  I deleted your first
post because it was not on topic and then your second one because it
was then an orphan.

To me it actually seemed like the courteous thing to do.

Sorry if it offended you.
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »

KE3WD, we had the same thing happen at a house several friends and I lived in near ArizonaState University back in the early 1980's only with us the intruders left a sorry note and 10 dollars. The note said sometning about our house making the potential thieves feel better about themselves.

Bob Pease and Jim Williams, messy desk and genius minds.

Once you clean it up you'll never be able to find anything, 5 S totally sucks and it's for bean counters only not true designers.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

KE3WD, we had the same thing happen at a house several friends and I lived in near ArizonaState University back in the early 1980's only with us the intruders left a sorry note and 10 dollars. The note said sometning about our house making the potential thieves feel better about themselves.

I can only figure that we did not receive a donation because of the cheap yankee thieves up around Roxbury, Boston MA 

Liberals ain't too generous about charity donations, y'know...

VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

Dirty sloppy shacks and operating desks mean one thing to me. Slob. Like those who bring radios to flea markets and the rig is covered in dust etc. That shows me that the owner doesn't not take care of his equipment properly.

Clean it up.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »

Dirty sloppy shacks and operating desks mean one thing to me. Slob. Like those who bring radios to flea markets and the rig is covered in dust etc. That shows me that the owner doesn't not take care of his equipment properly.

Clean it up.

Right now I'm remembering the huge pile of KWM2's, dented, dirty, some with broken meter faces, that we used to pick from when I served in the USAF. 

Nasty looking, they were well taken care of where it counted, and turned in "yeoman's duty" 24-7-365. 

And think about this - by now most of them are in somebody's ham shack, refurbished, and still turning in that kind of performance. 

But that's cool, the old bromide about one man's meat and another man's poison applies.  You buy the great looking ones, I'll save money on the ugly ones.  Kinda like the way I treated choice of girlfriends back when I was younger.  She wasn't the best looker on the campus, but then again she was faithful and low maintenance...

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: