Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone from the Flint/Grand Blanc, Mi area?  (Read 369 times)
KD8VIW

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »

Hey all!
I'm still studying for my license, I would take the test tomorrow if I could but there is no testing in the area till end of next month LOL. I'm still getting all the parts together for my 10m rig, a rc2950, I've got a 40ish foot tower and an antron 99 for the antenna, I still need to buy the coax, put it all together and fly it, but before I do that I'm hoping to find someone local that might be able to stop by take a look and let me know what issues I might run into. I'm totally new to all this so I just know Murphy's law is gonna come along and kick my but LOL.

Here's hoping someone local reads that

Thanks,
Chad

Edit: The antena, radio and tower I inherited from my grandfather when he passed so its what I have, but there is one thing I still need to pick up for my rig, coax, and I know a good wire job can make all the difference in a sound system and I'm betting it plays a big part is radio as well? So I could really use some suggestions and online source options. I do know that for now rg213 is out of my price range at the $.80 a foot  and from all the searching and couple phone calls I've made it seems that rg8 and better than rg58? I found this site http://thewireman.com/coaxp.html and I called and taked to them and they suggested that I get item# 118 MINI 8 LO-LOSS for $.35 perfoot, becasue it was double shielded and the other two rg8's they had were not. I'm going to end up getting a full 100', I think I will acutally need about 60 to 70, but its allways good to have some extra laying around if I need it
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:50:30 PM by JUSTCHAD » Logged
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »

If they don't contact you, search for them: http://hams.mapmash.com/mapOneZip.php?hist=zipmatch:485&zip=48503
You'll have 30 call signs under that link.
And good luck for the exam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: