Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part number for Kenwood TS-140/TS-680 header connectors?  (Read 4150 times)
KD0LIX

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »

Does anyone know a part number for CN8 and CN9 on the TS-140 and TS-680 and their corresponding connectors? I found the Kenwood part number in the service manual, but couldn't find a supplier for it. Looks to be a keyed .1 pitch header.

Thanks,
KD0LIX
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

Sometimes it's worthwhile to just call Kenwood Parts and order it.  Smiley
KD0LIX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »

A cable with that connector used to come with the if-10c, but they don't make that kit anymore
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »

It is usually possible to find the right connector by going thru the DigiKey or Mouser catalogs.  You need to have very accurate measurements. 
NI3S

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

While not the connector information, I have one of these installed in my 140, works flawlessly. 

http://www.piexx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=21

They might be able to help you with the connector too.

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »

I understand what you desire to do .... it is easier as an electronics experimenter to live in Hong Kong or Tokyo to have access to individual parts.  My Chinese orders take 3 weeks to arrive, and US suppliers/retailers/distributors today are just larger Eastern Asian import operations.

Quote from: KD0LIX
I've found a TS-680s to play with, but noticed there was no PC tuning interface, so I'm designing my own using somewhat newer technology than Kenwood's IF-10 parts. I've actually got it a USB FIFO wired up to the TS-680's Z80 CPU and it is working on my breadboard.
THAT is why Piexx exists .... reduce the upfront costs for individual radio amateur to acquire individual parts, some requiring qty. 100 orders from off-shore (Eastern Asia) manufacturers.
TS-140 / TS-680 serial interface (IF-10c).
http://www.piexx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21

Quote from: KD0LIX
Does anyone know a part number for CN8 and CN9 on the TS-140 and TS-680 and their corresponding connectors? I found the Kenwood part number in the service manual, but couldn't find a supplier for it.
OEM parts supplier to Kenwood, was Japanese based.  Many of these Japanese OEM parts suppliers have limited distribution in North America, leaving Kenwood Parts (East or West) as your primary portal for Kenwood parts.

Same issue with Icom and Yaesu.  Some of the original OEM electronics part manufacturers for the Japanese Big 3 (Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu) -- as well as the Japanese automotive industry (Honda, Toyota, Nissan), were located in Northern Japan prefectures, that were wiped out in March 2011 Earthquake and resulting Tsunami /Fukushima nuclear plant radioactive zone.

19,000 Japanese were killed or missing (washed out to sea); over 300,000 were displaced from their homes.
The Denver Post photo essay shows the devastation ... Villages, people and factories - Gone.
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/03/11/photos-japan-marks-2-year-anniversary-of-tsunami-earthquake/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:55:47 AM by W9GB » Logged
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »

hi,

check older VCR's they often have lots of connectors that
can be clipped out and used in our radios.

some of us have used one for our ts-50 for CAT control.

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: