Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: radioworld.co.uk terrible customer service  (Read 8572 times)
2E0EAO

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:26:08 AM »

Buyers beware of purchasing from radioworld.co.uk.
A few weeks ago I placed an order for a MFJ-1868 antenna. The shipping details on the site suggest it takes 48 hours for delivery, so 96 hours later I emailed to enquire when it would be delivered. No reply, so a day later I telephoned and was told it had been sent via city link.
It arrived one week after radioworld took my money. The day Citylink picked it up was the afternoon of the morning I phoned. So he had not sent it out when I phoned, he sent it after I phoned and complained about the length of time to receive it.
Then the problems started....
The antenna did not work as specified by MFJ so several days later MFJ's support told me to return it to the seller because it was faulty.
I emailed radioworld about this, and politely told them that MFJ told me to return it for a refund or replacement. Dave at radioworld decided to be awkward, and asked what could go wrong with this antenna, so I emailed him part of the discussion I had with MFJ support.
Dave has ignored all further emails about the problem and a refund or replacement. Luckily I purchased via Paypal, so today I started a Paypal dispute asking radioworld (for the 4th time) for a refund.
I will update this thread once I have secured a fully working replacement or full refund. But dont hold your breath waiting as most threads about radioworld.co.uk are negative (shame on me for not finding them before ordering).
2E0EAO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »

Well, what can i say?  Radioworld do not want to refund or replace the antenna, even though all the tests/suggestions the Manufacturer gave me to do led MFJ to tell me to get a full refund from radioworld.co.uk.

radioworl.co.ukd is staffed by a conman/thief who fails to read most emails and even manages to forget to read communications sent via his own online forms. He DOES send out broken goods and refuse to refund you. He will want you to return broken items (at your own expense) so he can test them, even though the law states he is responsible for the collection of his broken goods and he is required by law to make a full refund.

Stay well clear of this nasty little man and his tinpot company!

GM0EPO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

I also had a very bad customer experience with this company recently.

The only part of their process that worked properly was the money taking process......very efficient indeed !!

They don't respond to their own email/'contact us' system. I was told they prefer 'the telephone which is more personal'. That is a direct quote from Dave, who seems to be the man is charge. Of course, I had to phone him twice to find out the status of my order. He has the interpersonal skills of Genghis Khan with toothache and a hangover. I suspect he went to the Michael O'Leary school of customer service ie. Ryanair. Which on reflection is probably an insult to Ryanair, sorry Michael.

Have a look at their ratings on Amazon UK. At first glance it seems they are a highly rated company, but on closer inspection if you examine the comments back to anyone who gave less than 4 rating you get a feel for the contempt Genghis has for paying customers.

I did receive what I ordered eventually but only after I chased them.

Like the original poster if I had read some of the comments on the web about this company previously I would have never have gone to them. I suspect they will not survive in the long term as the competition in the UK seem to be much more customer focused.

A company to be avoided. They are an absolute disgrace.

I feel better now  Smiley
G7ENQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »

It's always a fairly good indication of a shyster when a company operating a mail-order sales service prefers to do his business over the phone. No inconvenient record of anything which leaves the door wide open for the denials of ANY statements made. Given that these two incidents are several months apart. It seems our friend Dave has learned precisely nothing.

Yep, another waste-of-space trader for us UK and Irish hams to give a miss.

Bill
EI9FDB, G7ENQ

M0ZMX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »

I too had a bad experience with radioworld a couple of years ago.
I purchased some clear plastic 300 ohm feeder from their website and it arrived black?.. I called them and said thank you but I wanted the clear plastic feeder as I wanted to make my feedlines as low visibility as possible.. When I called and explained that I especially ordered it as clear I was told to return it so I promptly took it to my local post office and then returned home. I was phoned by a very rude person from radioworld who told me that they don't make clear feeder??,, to which I said "well you show it on your website!!!"
He then went on to tell me that he had rushed the order through so I wouldn't have to wait and I should be grateful,, and he had cut it from his roll and now I'm wasting his time and money.. He also told me that there was not such thing as clear 300 ohm feeder in the world Huh (But it's on your website mate!!!) lol.

I told him that with this kind of attitude I will never purchase from radioworld again.. And I haven't. I am not the first and I won't be the last person.. I talk with my feet, I go elsewhere now.

Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: