Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is an INTERNET CONTACT  (Read 759 times)
KM4IY

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2013, 03:16:59 AM »

I've been inactive for many years til abt 6 mos ago so i'm figuring that I've missed considerable changes in the RADIO hobby...  but a few days ago, I received a request for an INTERNET CONTACT.  I checked it out and it appears the request was sincere and there were several participating.

i'm completely in the dark and I've asked several of my local buds and find we're clueless as to what and why on this subj.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 04:00:20 AM »

I believe "Internet Contact" is a close cousin of a relatively new niche in the hobby called Flex Radio.Internet Contact will appeal to and benefit those hams who are restricted to no antennas due to various HOA regulations.The benefits are obvious,DX will only be limited by the capabilities of their ISP,propagation is a none issue and the ability of quickly attaining their WAS,WAC,DXCC etc. is virtually guaranteed.The PC is the generic rig used in the home shack and those interested in portable/QRP Internet Contacts a Smart Phone will fill the bill. Wink
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:53:18 AM »

The plug connected to my ADSL Modem.

Tanakasan
KM4IY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:12:54 AM »

I forgot to include that there was no on-air contact with the station making the request.  I went back in the log to make sure.  Well, it doesn't hold any value for me, but to each his own.  If that's what they want to do and it does no harm, have at it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: