Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kx3 with kxpa100  (Read 15082 times)
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 03:20:23 AM »

The KXPA-500 is very clean and a quick test on one of the units confirmed the IMD spec of -34dB. The main reason for this is probably the built in 50V power supply because, as I said elsewhere on EHam, homebrew amplifiers that run on 28V and 48V/50V have been found in my tests to have lower IMD.

The moment I saw the 12V Powerpole connector on the back of the KXPA-100 my heart sank, Elecraft really dropped the ball on this one. I am of course willing to be proved wrong and I await an IMD test with interest.

Tanakasan

You, Zenki, and SWL2002 all seem to have identical views on a wide variety of topics.  Perhaps you three should get together.

Anyway what kind of portable equipment runs on 50v?  Nothing in the amateur world.  Maybe some military gear but the receivers in those rigs are garbage from what I have seen.

Is there any principle in electronic theory that proves that 12v amplifiers are unreliable or splattery?  I haven't come across any theories that vindicate your assertion.

You are showing your ignorance here.  There is no reason why the radio cannot run on a 12 V supply while still having a 50 V PA supply.  Haven't you ever heard of step up convertors?  This is how the new Palstar TR-30 works.  It is better to not interject yourself into these discussion if you have not done your homework.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:22:41 AM by SWL2002 » Logged
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 03:25:55 AM »

SWL2002, let me see if I can help out. You are stuck in a rhetorical Mobius loop and are not gaining traction in arguing your point.

Argumentation consists of Logos, Ethos, and Pathos; technical argumentation is usually confined to Logos and Ethos. But you are using Pathos and many here are questioning the Ethos behind your arguments. That is why you are failing to effectively argue your point.

Logos involves logic, numbers, and is objective.
Ethos involves the credibility of the speaker.
Pathos involves the emotions, is subjective, and has no place in technical argumentation.  

Your credibility is brought up again and again because we don't know who you are. To bolster the Ethos of your argument we must know your name and call sign. To bolster the Logos of your argument you must back up your argument with factual numbers and the sources of these numbers. And your argument would be strengthened further if you refrain from employing Pathos ("CB splatter box, crappy, etc."). And you are using what I call deflection, which is to attempt to deflect the focus from a pertinent point to something that sounds the same but does not matter. For example, when asked your name and call sign, which are pertinent to the discussion, you ask for the person's SSN, which does not matter to this discussion.

You really need to take a nappy break for a while.  You are taking this stuff all too seriously.  Your pedantic post says much more about you than me.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 04:36:28 AM »

Re: KX3 with KXPA 100

Any special reason why this subject has turned into an introductory course of Psych 101? Starting to sound like a Dr. Fill M. Fullersheet show.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:44:24 AM by W1JKA » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: