Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX ENGINEERING - WHY I BUY FROM THEM  (Read 29976 times)
K7NSW

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »

I am an HF guy.  My bands are 80, 40, and 20 meters.  I operate Field Day, portable in my camp trailer, and from my two homes.  I need high quality reliable coax assemblies that work well time after time, use after use.  I roll them out and roll them up repeatedly as I go from here to there and back again.  I buy my coax assemblies from DX Engineering.  Their assemblies are high quality and reliable.  The silver connectors stay attached.  They "keep a licking and keep on ticking".  The last thing I want or need is a failed coax line when I am off in the bush somewhere.  DX Engineering transmission line assemblies have never failed me.  Yes, the shipping is free.  If it wasn't, I would still buy from DX Engineering.  Each assembly comes in a sealed heavy duty plastic envelope.  I keep a variety of lengths and sizes (RG-8X and RG-213) on hand "just in case".  Well, "just in case" has not yet happened.  I have also purchased baluns from them along with some other items.  Good stuff - made in America.  I guess that says it all as far as I am concerned.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »

Many purchases - total satisfaction!  What more is there to say?
ZL1BR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 11:25:20 PM »

I have bought a few items from these guys, including an ameritron al80b. All items arrived in NZ without hicup. Always first class service.
Chris. ZL1BR
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

Never one problem with any purchase I had and excellent technical service when I had a question about "what should I use...".  No complaints here...
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »

Had a call with Rod on 26 June regarding a problem with my RTR-1.  Absolutely NO EQUAL in customer service!!!
AC2JO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »

DXE is my first choice when ordering items. Excellent website, super-fast shipping, prices excellent. In particular they are the go-to guys for coaxial cable- solid product!
AA2DK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:19:14 AM »

Love them, love them, love them..

Did I mention that I love them?

Dave, AA2DK Smiley
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:40:15 AM »

I have bought several items from them.  No problems at all and fast, free shipping.  I like their website, too -- informative and easy to use. 

I haven't had any need to contact customer service.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »

DX Engineering (Summit Racing parent) demonstrates what can be done with Internet stores,
high demand products, and good web site talent.
They started with what they knew (antennas and aluminum) and grew from there.

Amateur Radio needs more retail firms and even manufacturers like them (West Mountain, PowerWerx), to serve the 21st Century amateur.
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »

I buy everything I can from them since they have such great service.  They are a #1 class act.

K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »

Does Tom, W8JI own this company?

They have always treated me right when I dealt with them.  Good aftermarket support as well, for self induced problems I might add!

Pete
K5RT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »

Paul Sergi, NO8D is the owner. He also owns the mega speed parts company, Summitt Racing.
W3OU

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 05:42:19 AM »

Smiley
Great doing business with them. Unbelievable turnaround even with free shipping. Just did an after work order and had a ship email early the next morning (do these people sleep?). Have a couple of their baluns, built like a tank. Sent one back which I thought was bad - turned out to be a coax jumper, felt like a fool, but no charge checkout.
N8OX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:10 AM »

All I can say is the DX Engineering RG-8X coax is great!!! Easy to work with and does a superb job as antenna material (W5GI antenna) or feed line. Excellent product and service!!!  I placed an order on line and couldn't believe how quickly it was delivered!!! DX Engineering gets A+++++ on shipping (free for coax) and ship time.

DX Engineering... Damn eXcellent Engineering. Keep doing what you're doing.  You guys rock!!!

Hoppy
N8OX
K9VUJ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »

I've purchased a number of ham related items from DX Engineering.  I must say this, everything I've received has been top quality.  Example, the coax brackets, they are made of thick stainless steel, there will be no give or rust on these.  Everything fits that I've bought from DX Engineering, coax, brackets, automobile noise reduction components, coax, connectors all have been top notch.  They have what hams need, they have the right stuff for us.  You won't be disappointed.  DX Engineering is on the top of my go-to list for specialized components for ham radio. 

Dale, k9vuj
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: