Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX ENGINEERING - WHY I BUY FROM THEM  (Read 29696 times)
N1RND

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »

I am about to buy their dipole kit for 80 meters.  About a year ago I was going to make a different purchase from them and Paul actually talked me out of it.
He thought what I had in mind for my particular set up might not work well and did not want me to waste my money.
Thats what we need more of, customer satisfaction over just selling product.

KG7EXG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »

The ordering was easy and I received the products very quickly and the shipping was free Grin.  The cable assembly appears to be very well accomplished and I am currently using both cables.  They work fine which is more than I can say for some assembled coax I bought at a different store previously.  I will be buying any future coax assemblies I might need from DX Engineering.  They are quality products that WORK! Cheesy
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »

If I have a question, they usually always respond relatively quickly.  I usually go to them with quesitons or wants and end up buying their product over someone else.  Never been disappointed yet.
N1RND

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »

I received the 80 meter dipole kit three days later.  The packing, materials, and instructions are top shelf.  I got the apex installed last weekend and hope to finish off the installation this weekend.
I plan on getting one of DX's baluns at a later time.
WB8RFB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with DX Engineering and the high quality service I received via my website order.   I placed my recent order with the company mainly because of their excellent support of Ham Radio in general and the DXpeditions in particular.  Nothing like a DXpedition to act as a very good proving ground for equipment, antennas, cables, etc.  If it works there, it will work anywhere! 
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »

........DXE....I've never been disappointed....always topnotch.

73 to all

K3LRH in "Delawhere?"
W2RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »

I ordered an oddball Alpha-Delta lightning protector from DX Engineering.  Placed the order on line, received a confirmation.

Next business day they left a callback message at home.  Turns out there is a pretty long lead time on the part from Alpha-Delta.  Straight-up answer from the DXE, and they offered to cancel the transaction.

You have to give DXE credit for keeping me appraised of the situation.  Most vendors do not bother.

Martin
W2RWJ

W5ZZT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

I just bought an AL811 from them.  Great service and quick free shipping.  No one else had these in stock. They appear to keep a large inventory.  I just wish they carried Kenwood and Yeasu.  Seems strange they only carry Icom radios.
WD3N

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »

I buy from DX ENGINEERING because they have great service .
The web site works good .
Dennis
WD3N
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 03:12:20 PM »

Excellent International service as well.
Amazing that I can go to their web page and know the freight costs is in 5 seconds with all possible freight options.
Just a fantastic professional company.

I compare my dealings with other USA companies. They have a fear of dealing with foreigners. They have a habit of inventing excuses for gouging you for freight costs and will use every excuse under the sun to convince you that you are a evil thief wanting to rob them.  This before they come up with BS like "State Department prevents selling" stuff to you. I can list some of the most ridiculous excuses that I have encountered  dealing with other dealers who seem to have a business IQ of a ANT.Just some of the rubbish that I have encountered dealing with other ham dealers who live a sheltered lazy life under rock.

Then on top of this they want to play FBI supercop. I dont like you email address, I cant  find your IP number that traces you to your home. Dont know your bank balance nor do I know if you  related to that guy in Nigeria and you not American. The lame  excuses and utter laziness from dealing with other dealers in the USA will always ensure if I can order  stuff it will always be through  DXENGINEERING in the future.

For overseas customers DXENGINEERING is YOUR ONLINE FRIEND  that is unequaled by any other company. A company like DXENGINEERING  deserves its success for one reason, excellent professional customer service, and a company who is the epitome of the best American Customer service  model. DXENGINEERING  represents  what friendly American free enterprise is supposed to be. Its seems so many other companies in the USA have reinvented themselves into a model of capitalist dealings with foreigners that  reminds me of something you would have seen in the old communist Russia its so incompetent when compared to a excellent company like DXENGINEERING.  If more companies were as professional as dxengineering they would not be whining about how bad business is  especially when the world can be your oyster and making you a lot of money.

DXENGINEERING 2000 stars plus 2000 more! International ham buyers  best company award  for service beyond the call of duty!

K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »

I just bought a Hustler 4BTV and coax connector fron DXE...arrived quickly and complete in contents. Followed up with a purchase of a current balun and coax patch cable. Ditto. I had already bought their radial plate, putting down my own wire early last spring so they would "grow down" over the summer. DXE is a superior vendor!

Frank
K4FMH
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »

I pulled the trigger on my first order from DX Engineering on Thursday and chose the free UPS Ground shipping.  I was amazed when a box showed up the next morning.

What I was not amazed about was not DX Engineering's fault.  There were supposed to be two boxes.  The second box was marked in UPS tracking as damaged in transit.  So I figured I would be hearing from someone about a replacement.

I checked the UPS tracking on that box again this morning and late last night (11:50PM) someone added a notation:  "Adult signature required to sign for this package; not delivered; a 2nd delivery attempt will be made. / Package will be delivered next business day."

So in reality, the UPS delivery ninja (who was gone within 20 seconds, because that's all the time it took me to get to the door after the doorbell rang) either willfully entered the wrong information or fat-fingered his tablet -- and in either case didn't stick around long enough to get the signature he was supposed to get.

DX Engineering did their job (and I will definitely be ordering from them again), but UPS didn't hold up their end very well.  And UPS is going to get a complaint letter out of this, too.
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Just a followup to my last post:  The box with the antenna arrived on Monday, with a notation on the box:  "NOT DAMAGED / RATTLE OK".  The original driver must have heard the bagged small parts rattling around and "assumed" that meant damage.  I suspect (because the box was not factory-sealed as I would have expected) they opened the package back at the UPS warehouse and discovered the bag full of nuts and bolts and brackets.  Smiley

So I wrote DXE Monday morning and told them I was happy with the purchase and the speed of delivery, and let them know about the little UPS delivery issue Smiley  Although I imagine they are probably well conversant with UPS delivery issues over the last few days Sad
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »

I checked the UPS tracking on that box again this morning and late last night (11:50PM) someone added a notation:  "Adult signature required to sign for this package; not delivered; a 2nd delivery attempt will be made. / Package will be delivered next business day."

So in reality, the UPS delivery ninja (who was gone within 20 seconds, because that's all the time it took me to get to the door after the doorbell rang) either willfully entered the wrong information or fat-fingered his tablet -- and in either case didn't stick around long enough to get the signature he was supposed to get.

I had a similar experience with a laptop order a few years ago. I work from home, and I have three dogs that bark whenever FedEx or UPS pulls up. The evening of the day the laptop was supposed to arrive, I get an email saying that delivery will be tomorrow because no one was home, which was BS.

This was during an unusually hot July. When the driver showed up the next day, I asked about the message that no one was home. He confessed that it was so hot that he just blew off the rest of the day's deliveries and keyed in that reason for all of them.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: