Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once again whackers wanna screw up the hobby... Encryption  (Read 145298 times)
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »

I am SOOOOO Shocked! (sarcasm)

73 de Ray
W7ASA ..._ ._
KB8VUL

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »

In a true emergency situation where infrastructure has been damaged or destroyed, the last thing needed is a dependence on an infrequent or convoluted mode for communications.  Let's think about that for a minute. 

Once again, ham radio is about NOTHING other than EMCOMM.  Do you ever tire of trying to screw up a perfectly good technical hobby with your EMCOMM crap.  I mean really.  You sir are as about as dumb as the fool that would show up to a disaster scene with a set of two radios that will only talk to each other.  I mean wow.  I have expermented with radios that radios that were only able to talk to each other.  They were based on old Cobra radar detectors that I had modified to TX and RX FM.  Not hard to do, bt they had no other radios that I knew of to communicate with.  Of course every K55 radar unit in every Ohio State patrol car could hear them TX because they were tuned to those freqs 2.4Ghz or close I believe. 
That not withstanding, I would never show up to provide communications for someone that actually needed to communicate farther than a half mile and was line of site. 

As far as your half witted attempt to say that Moto don't make radios that are encrypted above 1.2Ghz, well your right and wrong.  First, they do make any and all sort of 2.4 4.9 5.2 5.3 and above wireless devices.  Granted it would take a bit of work to get them to pass voice (like two computers and a chat software) but that is taking it a bit far.  Instead I would probably employ a couple UHF or 800 radios into a high power attenuator pad feeding an up-converter or a simple frequency multiplier. a doubler or tripler most likely.  That's actually very OLD technology that for the most part has long gone away.  Basically the radio becomes the entire IF section of the radio and you set the actual TX freq by the new master oscillator.  It's all a bit technical from there, but entirely possible.  TXing actual P-25 in this method any digital MUXed (TDMA) stuff would be sort of difficult becasue you are only able to TX FM with a simple solution like this.  Those modes have angular modulation techniques applied to them and a hint of AM as well.  When you get into C4FM and QAM it gets more difficult.  Mind you this sort of think requires the use of mathematics and a soldering iron (that's the think that gets real hot on one end that makes the funny soft wire melt when its applied to it).  I don't what to confuse you here with the highly technical stuff.  I realize that you have mastered the operation of a Baofunk (funky Bowel) radio.  Which is quite the accomplishment.

So let people enjoy the HOBBY for what it is, a hobby.  You EMCOMM guys are highly appreciated for all that you try valiantly to do.  You have no idea how many lives you have already saved.  Because after all, laughter is the BEST medicine.
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

Stick a fork in it, it's done.

" The FCC has dismissed a Petition for Rulemaking (RM-11699) from a Massachusetts ham, that sought to amend the Part 97 Amateur Service rules to permit the encryption of certain amateur communications during emergency operations or related training exercises. "

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-dismisses-encryption-petition

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »

.....  First, they do make any and all sort of 2.4 4.9 5.2 5.3 and above wireless devices.
I think you must mean Motorola Mobility, what is now part of Google, and not Motorola "Solutions," the Icahnized skeleton of Vertex Standard's technology remaining.

.....I would probably employ a couple UHF or 800 radios into a high power attenuator pad feeding an up-converter or a simple frequency multiplier. a doubler or tripler most likely.  That's actually very OLD technology that for the most part has long gone away.  Basically the radio becomes the entire IF section of the radio and you set the actual TX freq by the new master oscillator.  It's all a bit technical from there, but entirely possible.  TXing actual P-25 in this method any digital MUXed (TDMA) stuff would be sort of difficult becasue you are only able to TX FM with a simple solution like this.  Those modes have angular modulation techniques applied to them and a hint of AM as well.  When you get into C4FM and QAM it gets more difficult.  Mind you this sort of think requires the use of mathematics and a soldering iron (that's the think that gets real hot on one end that makes the funny soft wire melt when its applied to it).  I don't what to confuse you here with the highly technical stuff.  I realize that you have mastered the operation of a Baofunk (funky Bowel) radio.  Which is quite the accomplishment.

Don't waste your time.  I know more about Bessel and Fourier than you ever will.

BTW, this thread should now be closed.  Encryption has been quashed by Scot Stone....

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2013/db0918/DA-13-1918A1.pdf
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »

Re:  Reply 166  

How about cooling off.  There is room for everyone in this hobby--emcommers, experimenters, ratchet-jawers, contesters and all the rest.

Just because one person's cup of tea tastes bitter doesn't mean that that person doesn't drink it.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!!!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »

Is it possible that this topic and responses is an encryption within it s self? If so I can understand why I am having trouble deciphering it.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »

Is it possible that this topic and responses is an encryption within it s self? If so I can understand why I am having trouble deciphering it.

What I find interesting is [that] somehow, what I said inferred I was a huge proponent of the over emphasis of Emcomm by our League.  I am not.  I am far from that.  In all things, people can go overboard.  One's choices might appear excessive to another (ham-sexy mobile with screw driver, Texas Bug-Catcher, etc. or Emcomm Wacker-mobile).  Each enjoy at least one facet of amateur radio or we wouldn't have gone to the trouble to get licensed.

I don't get on the air much anymore, as I am more interested in bench work.  But, on the other hand, I want to be prepared if confronted with a crisis.  I had several in my working years involving breakdown in public communications.  As we progress and grow more dependent as a society on walking widgetry, we don't stop and ask ourselves what if........we couldn't use the widgets.  Or plastic.  Or turn on the spout.  The TV.  The lights.  We need to do that or we will find ourselves totally helpless.

The last thing amateur radio need do is make itself less able to communicate with any other amateur anywhere in the world.  Think about that for a minute.  And, like I said, I'm not an Emcommer.
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER!!!

Perhaps W6EM could best answer that question!

Tom
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:35 PM »

From W6EM:
Each enjoy at least one facet of amateur radio or we wouldn't have gone to the trouble to get licensed.

Funny!  That isn't the message I took from your comments to me on the previous page (11)  Didn't sound to me as though there was ANY ROOM for my interests at all!

Roger-Beep.

Tom
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2013, 04:25:18 AM »

Funny!  That isn't the message I took from your comments to me on the previous page (11)  Didn't sound to me as though there was ANY ROOM for my interests at all!

You're totally misreading Lee's posts and making a fool of yourself.

Calm down. Read what people actually are saying, and not what you fantasize that they are saying.
KB8VUL

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »

Don't waste your time.  I know more about Bessel and Fourier than you ever will.

Gee you sound pretty sure of yourself there.

I bet your the best Micor guy in the country and can tune a MoTrac 70 with his eyes closed right....

Guess I should go turn in my keys to the shop van and go back to doing computers. 
Gee wait, most of the newer radio systems actually rely on computers to run.
So I know computers and know RF and even which end of a soldering iron gets hot. 
You sit here and continue to pontificate your greatness there bub.... I will continue getting paid for mine.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »

Gee you sound pretty sure of yourself there.

I bet your the best Micor guy in the country and can tune a MoTrac 70 with his eyes closed right....

The least you could do is get the old nomenclature right.  Motracs were just Motracs.  The next ones were the Mocom 70.  Then, I think it was the Mitrek.  Then, Micor's turn.  Then MCX.  Then Mostar.  Then Maxtrac.  Then Maratrac. Then Spectra.  Whew, out of breath.  Then, along came Icahn and cell phones and it all got crazy.

Guess I should go turn in my keys to the shop van and go back to doing computers. 
Gee wait, most of the newer radio systems actually rely on computers to run.
So I know computers and know RF and even which end of a soldering iron gets hot. 
You sit here and continue to pontificate your greatness there bub.... I will continue getting paid for mine.
Nah, don't turn in anything.  Good luck with your van work. 
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »

From W6EM:
Each enjoy at least one facet of amateur radio or we wouldn't have gone to the trouble to get licensed.

Roger-Beep.

Tom
Tom, you can experiment so long as you comply with Part 97 rules.  Have fun.  73.
KD8GTP

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »

Re:  Reply 166  

How about cooling off.  There is room for everyone in this hobby--emcommers, experimenters, ratchet-jawers, contesters and all the rest.

Just because one person's cup of tea tastes bitter doesn't mean that that person doesn't drink it.

Sorry but no room in this hobby for the wackers, you give us legitimate hobbyist a bad name. Please get it through your heads you are not emergency communications officers, you are not emergency responders, nor do you contribute anything to society no matter what the ARES clowns or ARRL tell you.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:50 AM »

Sorry but no room in this hobby for the wackers, you give us legitimate hobbyist a bad name. Please get it through your heads you are not emergency communications officers, you are not emergency responders, nor do you contribute anything to society no matter what the ARES clowns or ARRL tell you.

On that you're partially right--but watch who you label.  I'm as much against the active wackers who show up and get in the way with their decorated 'emergency vehicles' and their 'look at me' vests as the next guy.

Face it, there are other things in this hobby that raise other individuals ire just as much as the wackers seem to raise yours.  If the wackers keep to themselves and stay out of the way, they've got the same right to transmit on the ham bands as you do--if they have their ham license.  So get over yourself and your self-righteous indignation.  You're no better than they are the way you're spouting off.    
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:47:31 AM by K1CJS » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: