Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once again whackers wanna screw up the hobby... Encryption  (Read 127585 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »

Stan:

You forget the rules of all conspiracy theorists:

1.  It's a conspiracy not to have a conspiracy.

2.  If there isn't a conspiracy, invent or otherwise fabricate one!

Jerry

N9LCD

Grin
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »

Haha! That's true Jerry!

Ranks right up there with the bit I heard on 75M about the 70 CM band being confiscated by FEMA for a new emergency radio service.

And the fish that got away... Smiley
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »

Ahhhh HA!  I caught you using encryption!  Here's the actual deciphered text of the message that you sent.

Ranks right up there with the bit

I heard on 75M about a new emergency And fish being confiscated by FEMA. That's true Jerry!

for  radio service. the fish that got away... Smiley

Cool  (Denials are to be considered as PROOF of a conspiracy, so best to come clean)    Cool

Time to go.  The nurse is coming by with my meds...

73 de Ray
W7ASA ..._ ._

GREGWTH7MMMAG

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

Now at a meeting I was at the other night, I finally did meet some "whackers".  Four of them to be exact.  You anti-whackers would have tripped all over yourselves to try and tell these guys what nutjobs they are.

KD0PWN
KS4VT

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »

Now at a meeting I was at the other night, I finally did meet some "whackers".  Four of them to be exact.  You anti-whackers would have tripped all over yourselves to try and tell these guys what nutjobs they are.

Oh do tell...what was their main objectives and what kind of trash were they talkin?
GREGWTH7MMMAG

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

Oh, that the military and feds were shown up by hams in the use of HF bands in a practice exercise, and that they want to implement hams into a new communications force, and that we are so important now, they will soon be requiring security clearances, etc.  Once they left the meeting, some of the older guys chimed in and laughed out how out there they were.

KD0PWN
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:31 AM »

Maybe those "wackers" are fantasizing about in the military 'cause they couldn't make it into the Boy Scouts.

N9LCD

Cheesy
KD8GTP

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »

Some people like bird watching, I like wacker watching.  Please tell, were they in uniform or undercover wackers ?  Did you get a look at their emergency response units (cars), lightbars or undercover grill mounted strobes ? What breed wacker were they, ARES or storm chasing wackers?  I need to document all of this, I need more info then just to say " I saw wackers".  Kinda like saying I saw a UFO and no details.

Thx
Bart
KS4VT

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

Oh, that the military and feds were shown up by hams in the use of HF bands in a practice exercise, and that they want to implement hams into a new communications force, and that we are so important now, they will soon be requiring security clearances, etc.  Once they left the meeting, some of the older guys chimed in and laughed out how out there they were.

That is just too funny....thanks for the share.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2013, 07:05:47 AM »

This thread has gone from comical to ridiculous!
W1MSG

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2013, 11:24:27 PM »

This thread has gone from comical to ridiculous!

Rather fitting for Amateur Emcomm ..
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

So, what happens when the encrypted data just seems like background noise, and other amateurs go ahead and start using the frequencies, thereby interfering with the use of those frequencies?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »

Encryption doesn't sound like "background noise", it sounds like whatever mode is used to send the encrypted characters. You are thinking of spread spectrum transmissions.
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »

Encryption doesn't sound like "background noise", it sounds like whatever mode is used to send the encrypted characters. You are thinking of spread spectrum transmissions.

So, what happens when it just sounds like I'm too close to a plasma TV?

If it's encrypted, I don't know it's there.  I just key up.
KS4VT

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »

So, what happens when it just sounds like I'm too close to a plasma TV?

If it's encrypted, I don't know it's there.  I just key up.

First off it sounds most of the other digital modes, like D*, to an analog radio.  Operationally they can switch to clear to advise you that there is an encrypted QSO going on and you need to vacate the frequency.

Don't get me wrong I am not for it, just making a comment.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: