The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HT'S -- ACCESSORIES  (Read 2811 times)
KB1BZR

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:39:44 PM »

I have been away from VHF-UHF or ??

For repeaters anyway there seems little activity around here. Once a host of active repeaters and now one hears almost nothing.(SW Connecticut)

To save time a couple questions ?

The ICOM V8  HT. Anyway to run the thing off DC ? House voltage. I am not sure if receive works with that battery pack and rechargeable's. To me batteries go dead about instant or not enough voltage to run receive.

Yaesu VX-6R. Just got one. Battery seems a tight fit and latch to hold the battery does not catch but that hangs down. Trivial but could be a distraction.

hmmm  now I need the unique lithium battery charger. I think the AC adapter runs the thing for receive. Antenna..excuse me...the jack is what Huh  Another antenna..full size ?

K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »

The ICOM V8  HT. Anyway to run the thing off DC ?

Not without an optional battery eliminator.

To me batteries go dead about instant or not enough voltage to run receive.

What about alkalines?  I think that radio came standard with an AA pack.

Yaesu VX-6R. Just got one. Battery seems a tight fit and latch to hold the battery does not catch

Make sure the battery is fully seated in the housing.  I will be "snug" because there's an o-ring that must compress.  The clip takes a bit of force to engage even then.

now I need the unique lithium battery charger.

The VX-6 comes with a charger.  If you want a desktop pocket you can get one from Yaesu at a nominal cost.

Antenna..excuse me...the jack is what Huh

Standard SMA.

Another antenna..full size ?

That's up to you.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque. NM

ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »

Lots of 2M, 440 repeater activity within reach of Southwestern CT.  You may want to add a small amplifier an/or beam to that HT, and try to hit repeaters in Westchester or Rockland County NY, and on Long Island as well! 
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:54 AM »

One of the things you've got to wary of with some of the lower priced HTs--some HTs specifically advice AGAINST using the HT while the charger is plugged in.  Using those HTs with the charger connected may damage the HT itself in some way.

Others will not even allow operation while charging since the act of inserting the plug into the HT disconnects the HT from the battery pack.  Best thing is to download and read the product manual before your purchase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: