Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Radio and DXCC  (Read 4685 times)
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »

... You already see people using remote SDRs for low band RX.

AD9DX: I'd be interested in seeing what exactly is available for remote lowband RX.  Any websites or references?

thanks, 73, Rich K3VAT
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »

AD9DX: I'd be interested in seeing what exactly is available for remote lowband RX.  Any websites or references?

thanks, 73, Rich K3VAT

Rich, I don't know the site. But I know a local ham that used it to hear whether his signal was "getting out".

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »

I ran across a very detailed list of SDRs all over the world sometime ago that you could access and listen to their signals. I did not keep the link, but the info is out there.

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »

Rich, I don't know the site. But I know a local ham that used it to hear whether his signal was "getting out".

Reversebeacon.net is very very useful. Me and several locals use it all the time in 160M season not just to know if the band is open to EU, but also to do some relative-signal-level testing among ourselves. But not quite a "remote lowband RX" in the broader sense of being useful for copying the DX.
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »

Reversebeacon.net is very very useful. Me and several locals use it all the time in 160M season not just to know if the band is open to EU, but also to do some relative-signal-level testing among ourselves. But not quite a "remote lowband RX" in the broader sense of being useful for copying the DX.

Thanks Tim !!

73, Rich, K3VAT
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 08:13:05 AM »

Taking remote-operated DX to its limit of absurdity, I suppose you could relay through a drone that's towing an antenna at 35000 feet, just inside the 200-mile limit at the point in the US that's closest to the DX. If you've got the megabucks for that sort of thing.

- WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »

Taking remote-operated DX to its limit of absurdity, I suppose you could relay through a drone that's towing an antenna at 35000 feet, just inside the 200-mile limit at the point in the US that's closest to the DX. If you've got the megabucks for that sort of thing.

Wouldn't count. Aeronautical mobile is not valid for DXCC (nor is maritime mobile). Operations must be on terra-firma.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: