Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-411 vs FT-411E  (Read 1908 times)
WA7KGX

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:36:33 AM »

I have two FT-411 handhelds I bought used.
One has a six-AA battery case, the other a
new 10.8v 100 mAh battery.  The only obvious
issue is the size and weight of the NC-29 charger.

What is the difference between the FT-411 and FT-411E?

Am I missing out not having the latest and greatest handheld?
N3HFS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

What is the difference between the FT-411 and FT-411E?

Great question.  There is also an FT-411MKii, which I own.  Since no one's answered in a while, I thought I'd take a look since I am curious as well. 

First, there's possibly an FT-411R as well, although I think that's a colloquial term for a straight FT-411. No pictures of a rig with 'FT-411R' silkscreened on it on Google Images.

I do not have a definitive answer for you right now...but the 'E' and 'R' versions may have been designations for the European/American/Asian differences in TX bandwidths, and possibly European the 1700Hz burst tone.

There's no fundamental difference I am aware of between the FT-411 and the FT-411MKii, except possibly the included options.  I believe there was a slightly updated optional CTCSS tone board as well, but the older  (FTS-17) and newer (FTS-17A) tone boards are probably interchangeable.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »

I would have assumed that the FT411E was the European model, but in the October 1992 QST product review the ARRL specifically says that they reviewed the FT411E, so it must not be for Europe only.  It covers the US portion of the band as well. 

I don't know much about the MKII or how it differed from the FT411E.

THe manual for the FT411MKII can be found here:  http://www.foxtango.org/ft-library/FT-Library/nineties/FT-411mkII_Op_man.pdf

John AF5CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: