Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KENWOOD TS-281 MOD SCREWUP  (Read 12404 times)
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »

And just  who  actually has the answers to some  seriously 'dumb' questons'' ..
Just us  grumbly old crumudgions.....
When we are all pushing daisies,, there will be no one left that knows anything, since it seems  some questions askers,, dont spend 10 seconds thinking about their questions.
If they did  they might decide they could 'look it up'  in the hand book or some online tutorial.

I came from the  'old school'' where the saying was'' If you ask a dumb question , you get a dumb answer.''
Any question where you could find the answer with a slight bit of research  is a  DUMB QUESTION.
 The best way to  stop someone from asking dumb questions is  to  ridiclule them often enough
that they  get  gun shy.  Then the think before they ask, wanting to avoid another ridicule session.  Once they learn to think, then their questions  will be  legitimate thoughtful questions, that us  old curmudgions  have the answers to.
rant rant rant
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »

<snipomatic>I too am surprised at all the arrogance and attitude I see on this site. I just shrug it off and laugh... knowing that all those old crabby grumps will be 6ft under and pushing up daisy's alot sooner than I will.  Grin

Arrogance? Attitude? Some schlump who can't construct a coherent English sentence, manages to convey enough information for the masses to realize he's majorly f*&%ed up someone else's radio. He performs this service in the name of of the ubiquitous "MARS mod"?  He then wants a magic fix from the crabby grumps?

You want to malign the curmudgeons for poking fun at an obvious buffoon?

As far as shrugging off and laughing about older, sage, individuals who can teach you a few things, you should realize because you're younger, your inexperience in life presents a much higher probability of you getting beer trucked long before my wizea$$ dies of old age my friend.

Forrest Gump stated it well in the movie, "stupid is as stupid does".

Don N4TTS

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:06:29 PM by N4TTS » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 04:14:49 AM »

I think those grouchy old basement dwellers are just venting frustrations they cannot get away with on the radio.  Grin

I too am surprised at all the arrogance and attitude I see on this site. I just shrug it off and laugh... knowing that all those old crabby grumps will be 6ft under and pushing up daisy's alot sooner than I will.  Grin

Just wait till you get up to the 'crabby old grunt' phase of YOUR life, and see how you feel answering questions from young snippets who don't know much--and prove it by arguing blue is black.  I guarantee that you'll become a 'crabby old grunt' too.

Added--To be totally honest about the issue, there are several older hams who used to be here regularly that aren't anymore, and it's not because they passed on either.  It's because of the responses they receive from the people who come here to ask questions who 'take exception' to the answers--and say so in terms that these older guys don't deserve and shouldn't have to listen to.  Not only is common sense dead, common courtesy is too.

And yes, the common courtesy point works both ways, but usually it's the newbie that begins the ranting and the snippiness.  73.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:29:14 AM by K1CJS » Logged
NT6U

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »

I think those grouchy old basement dwellers are just venting frustrations they cannot get away with on the radio.  Grin

I too am surprised at all the arrogance and attitude I see on this site. I just shrug it off and laugh... knowing that all those old crabby grumps will be 6ft under and pushing up daisy's alot sooner than I will.  Grin
   What is APW19562?  Do you have a call sign to add to your comments please?  Thank you. 
By the way I am over 50.  Can you tell by the way I asked please, and said thank you?  I learned that from "my elders" when I was younger.  Perhaps you could to.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »

What is APW19562?  Do you have a call sign to add to your comments please?  Thank you. 
By the way I am over 50.  Can you tell by the way I asked please, and said thank you?  I learned that from "my elders" when I was younger.  Perhaps you could to.

His name is Art, and his call is KC3AWM.  It's right at the bottom of his post.  BTW, you're welcome.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: