Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble with chirp software and ic-2100  (Read 3058 times)
KD4TWP

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »

Hello all

I just got the chirp software for my ic2100 and the programing cable is fine and working on com port 12. but I keep getting a error msg saying the radio is out of sink. it will not connect to the radio and after looking on the chirp website I cannot find any information on errors. any help would be nice

Tom
KD4TWP
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »

Tom, this is just a shot in the dark, but when I got CHIRP I spent a while fiddling, trying to make it work, before I discovered that I had to tell my radios to accept the link--to allow communications both ways, basically.  It was in the help files but I didn't find that until I had spent a lot of time making it NOT work. :-/  I had to set the sync mode on the radio before initiating sync from CHIRP on the laptop.  Worth looking into, maybe.  GL!  --ken
KD4TWP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »

ah ok didn't know you had to do that, ive had many programing software and never had to do that. next question is how do you tell the ic2100 to go into sync mode? ill be looking in the owners manual to..

thanks ken
kd4twp
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »

Tom, not all radios need to be manually switched into communication mode--I don't know about yours.  I found out my two Yaesu HF/VHF rigs needed to be switched into "sync" mode but I know the help files said many radios don't.  I found the information in the CHIRP help files, on the web.  It took a lot more reading help files than it did time to hook things up. Smiley   With any luck someone who owns the same IC2100 that you do will come along and give you a REAL answer. Wink  73 GL!  --ken
KD4TWP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

hello ken yea I just went over the manual for the ic2100 and there is a sync dp om going to try that next.
I sure wish I could remember the program I used about 3 months ago to enter my freqs on another ic2100 that I use for my base radio. but that laptop crashed and I lost it all. so we start over.

regards
tom
KD4TWP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »

Has anybody noticed allot of spam after posting something on eham. I`m getting 5 or 6 just today from people who have a eham re.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: