Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: will the turbo tuner for icom radio work on ic7000?  (Read 1694 times)
N1JAO

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »

hello,

I had a 746 pro with the little tarheel antenna and turbo tuner on my rv and worked great. I sold the 746pro and bought the ic7000. turbo tuner shows two models on their website one for icom and one for ic7000. will the turbo tuner for icom radio work on ic7000? if you have specific experience with this situation please help. thank you in advance.

bob
n1jao
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:27:01 AM »

Email Alan K0BG. He is the most likely to know.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »

Bob, here's my recollection regarding the Turbo Tuner being used with the 7000.  The TT gets its power from the IC-7000.  The PC board trace which supplies the voltage is not wide enough to supply the current demand of the TT and the screwdriver motor.  The result is eventual failure of that trace.  I took heed of that warning when I was looking for a controller and went with a Better RF unit which does not use the accessory 12V from the radio.  Again, this is my recollection.  I believe there is more information on the K0BG site regarding this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: