Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: problems with KightRadio.com / Dale Kight W5RER  (Read 6500 times)
KC5KBQ

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems buying from kightradio.com -- I initially found his site when I was searching for BaoFeng radios and such, but ended up placing an order for the X1M chinese HF radio a few months ago. I was told it was backordered but that it would be arrive in a couple of weeks. It hasn't.

Other equipment I ordered (antennas, adaptors) arrived and worked fine. I ordered a Tonfa handheld and the battery that arrived with it was dead and wouldn't hold a charge. After many attempts trying to call Dale at 405-277-0037 and writing with no response, I got ahold of him and he apologized for the dead battery and agreed to replace it with a new BaoFeng battery since they're compatible. I asked if I could pay the difference ($20) to upgrade to an extended capacity battery and he charged me. It's now been a few weeks and I haven't received the battery nor heard back from him.

Also, I finally got a chance to test out the digital 2Meter / VHF SWR meter that he sells and it doesn't appear to work (just displays zeros) even when talking through it with anything between 5 and 100Watts on 146.520MHz.

I'm hoping that he's just busy (since I *have* received equipment from him before), but after googling his name (Dale Kight / W5RER, formerly WA5RER, formerly NH6VR) and call signs I'm finding references to some people complaining that they've been scammed. I've set myself a reminder to call him every single day, but I'm not hopeful. I run a business, and if my customers could never get ahold of me I'd have no customers pretty quickly.

If anyone knows a way to successfully contact him and get this all resolved I'd greatly appreciate it.

--UPDATE: After trying several more times to contact him, I'm working with the bank to get reimbursed for the equipment that either A) Doesn't work or B) Never arrived. One time when I called I heard the phone get answered and then immediately hung up. I'm pretty disgusted and frustrated. Cross-posted to QRZ forums. If anyone can get ahold of Dale Kight I'd rather resolve things with him than the bank.

Best regards
-Thomas Hannan
KC5KBQ
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:48:51 AM »

Sorry, my bad...  I searched out after the fact and found that what I had read earlier and posted has been superceded.  73!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:58:38 AM by K1CJS » Logged
KC5KBQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

K1CJS -- Huh?? I'm not sure of what you're saying has been superceded ...

73's
kc5kbq
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »

I had read that the radio hadn't been type accepted yet.  I see now that it has.
KC5KBQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »

Well, I've turned in more paperwork at the bank to try and get my money back -- they haven't told me about any response from him yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has gotten any response from him at all -- even for any new sales. My messages left on his customer service web site messaging system still go unanswered.

Has anyone bought from kightradio.com recently?

regards,
kc5kbq

Oh, and K1CJS -- I see. Would love to put my hands on one of them. Maybe one day someone will start importing them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: