Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...is it the worst ???  (Read 35768 times)
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »

Please share details on the indoor arrays
KJ7WC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »

Who says 24 has peaked?! The sun seems to be quite active of recent. Didn't I just see SFI 170? Wait until Thanksgiving before calling this one a bore.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »

PLENTY of DX on the HF bands here in North Florida.I don't see an issue.I'd like some 2 & 6 meter prop but that will come as it always does but when it's time & it's just about time. {:>)  Grin   Wink

Clayton
W4KVW
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »

..I talked to a local who has been around since the "best" cycle of '58
nah - that was in 1980.

- been fairly crummy, ever since ..
K0XY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 09:44:36 AM »

...well, at least NOW (jan 2014) I expect to hear DX signals on 10mcw everyday... I can work with that  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Ron k0xy
HURRICAINE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »

...I talked to a local who has been around since the "best" cycle of '58'...he indicated that this cycle was by far the worst and would rate it among the worst since records were kept...agree / disagree  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Two years ago, when the band conditions were better, it was possible to wake up at 6 AM EST. and turn on 10 meters and talk to all of Europe all morning, South American and the islands all afternoon.
The west coast into the evening and right before it was dark, talk to the people in Alaska and Hawaii and even heard Japan a couple of times with just 100 watts and the old Solorcon A99....+

To put it in perspective, in 1966, you could turn on your 11 meter SSB radio and with a good beam antenna like the Long John or Duo 6 - you could talk 24 hours a day all summer long and almost that long in the winter..  Many contacts were made Sunday mornings to Australia with just a Regency Range Gain and the Duo6... 
12 watts PEP....

The problem with most people, and as other forum members has already stated is that unless the band is wide open, no one wants to talk on 10 meters anymore and no one uses 6 on a daily basis.

Most of that is due to the loss of the incentive license program.
No one monitoring means no one to hear you when you call CQ...

The mere fact that the massive amount of people on 11 meters shows us that the band is always open to somewhere in the daytime unless we have a solar flare.   Using 11 meters as a barometer, we can tell which direction we can expect our signal to travel.

Surely the CB radio people do not have better equipment or more knowledge then we do!
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »

The problem with using 11M as a barometer is that some of those stations are using 5kw splatter boxes and some really good antennas. Just search YouTube or the net and you will be amazed at the power levels some of them are using.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: