Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped Off by Robert Holmes K6SPR Bobs Guns Payson AZ and Gus Ocon CA AD6EG  (Read 12170 times)
AK4NJ

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »

Angry Warning: I got RIPPED OFF Robert Holmes K6SPR AKA: Bobs Gun shop Payson AZ and Gus Ocon CA AD6EG AKA: Gus Photography, http://www.gusocon.com. they sold me a broken Henry Radio 3K Premier Amplifier - if not caught by FedEx shipping, I think they would have taken the money and run and forgot all about me... They lied about the condition as you can see it clearly on ol' Gus's website

I purchased what was supposed to be a " Brand New Old Stock Export Henry 3K Premier " they found while setting up surveillance in Mexico, Bought and brought back to AZ in the good old U.S.of A. by Robert "Bob" Holmes K6SPR and Gus AD6EG

I contacted Ted Henry and he verified the build date for that amp which checked out, except the export part of the S/N - "no worries", Bob assured me; he and I reached an agreement on the selling price and I made arrangements to have FedEx ground to pick her up on my account, then had the shipping label over nighted to Bob K6SPR in AZ after checking QRZ to verify Credentials..

Turns out Bob has a buddy in on the scam IL' Gussy and suddenly the amp is in California for a check up by Henry Radios itself.. A quick call from FedEx alerted me of the scam, it seems that I am not the only one they tried to scam. To make a long story short; the scam started the minute that Bob opened his mouth, if not for Ted Henry, FedEx and Henry Radios I would have lost all my funds from these two swindlers .... Thank God we have the EHam forums to chit chat back in forth, It was a Eham classified listing that attracted me to this seller, I red the post's and classified warnings on this site as well as another HAM net, I took what I thought were all the precautions to protect me from fraudulent sellers.. Nope these two thieves need to be put down, Just goes to show take every precaution possible when dealing with strangers on the net. I did get the broken amp, it indeed was sold in 2004 and to who might you say??

Ol's Gussie; sure enough lives 45 minutes from Henry Radio, purchased my amp new back in 04' and that's the last Henry Radios heard from him. Mr Henry verified that no communication took place or inspection of the amp as Gus claims, just another lie for Bob and Gus. Check out Gus's website under HAM sure enough there site a picture of my "new in the Box" where it has been for the eight plus years...

Special Thanks to the Folks at EHam, FedEx and Mr. Henry and Henry radios

73's

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:38:06 PM by AK4NJ » Logged
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

Big kudos for Fed Ex !  Cool
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »

Gus's website is blank now
KC8P

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:55:28 PM »

Well, here is a new ad from K6SPR: http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/415394

2013-08-12 (UTC)

K6SPR

HF Amplifiers

97-124-49-13.phnx.qwest.net
ALS 600 AMP

HERE IS A BRAND NEW AMP LESS THAN TWO WEEKS OLD WANT $1000.00 have factory boxes was bought from aes las vegas 7/29/13

Email: K6SPR

Be careful!
KA5IVR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »

He sold me an Alpha 87a amp with lots of promises that never came and Lied about the condition of the Amp.  I would call Bob Holmes, K6SPR, is a "Used Car" salesman, but that would be an insult to them...  If his lips are moving, he is Lying!  He also did the ol' pack it loose trick, so it would get damaged in shipping.  Fed-Ex paid for a new cover and face plate.  This would not have happen if he had followed my written instructions.  I believe he planned some insurance scam with the shipping.

I checked on here and QRZ about this guy, but that was just before the information on him was posted.  This guy gives Ham to Ham sales a bad name.  Run away and don't be sucked into this guy's B.S.  My gut told me to pass on this deal, but I did not listen to it.
KE6CT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »

Angry Warning: I got RIPPED OFF Robert Holmes K6SPR AKA: Bobs Gun shop Payson AZ and Gus Ocon CA AD6EG AKA: Gus Photography, http://www.gusocon.com. they sold me a broken Henry Radio 3K Premier Amplifier - if not caught by FedEx shipping, I think they would have taken the money and run and forgot all about me... They lied about the condition as you can see it clearly on ol' Gus's website

I purchased what was supposed to be a " Brand New Old Stock Export Henry 3K Premier " they found while setting up surveillance in Mexico, Bought and brought back to AZ in the good old U.S.of A. by Robert "Bob" Holmes K6SPR and Gus AD6EG

I contacted Ted Henry and he verified the build date for that amp which checked out, except the export part of the S/N - "no worries", Bob assured me; he and I reached an agreement on the selling price and I made arrangements to have FedEx ground to pick her up on my account, then had the shipping label over nighted to Bob K6SPR in AZ after checking QRZ to verify Credentials..

Turns out Bob has a buddy in on the scam IL' Gussy and suddenly the amp is in California for a check up by Henry Radios itself.. A quick call from FedEx alerted me of the scam, it seems that I am not the only one they tried to scam. To make a long story short; the scam started the minute that Bob opened his mouth, if not for Ted Henry, FedEx and Henry Radios I would have lost all my funds from these two swindlers .... Thank God we have the EHam forums to chit chat back in forth, It was a Eham classified listing that attracted me to this seller, I red the post's and classified warnings on this site as well as another HAM net, I took what I thought were all the precautions to protect me from fraudulent sellers.. Nope these two thieves need to be put down, Just goes to show take every precaution possible when dealing with strangers on the net. I did get the broken amp, it indeed was sold in 2004 and to who might you say??

Ol's Gussie; sure enough lives 45 minutes from Henry Radio, purchased my amp new back in 04' and that's the last Henry Radios heard from him. Mr Henry verified that no communication took place or inspection of the amp as Gus claims, just another lie for Bob and Gus. Check out Gus's website under HAM sure enough there site a picture of my "new in the Box" where it has been for the eight plus years...

Special Thanks to the Folks at EHam, FedEx and Mr. Henry and Henry radios

73's

Sorry to hear that you got scammed. 

Thanks for reporting this. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: