Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is The Best Software To Use With The Yaesu FT 950  (Read 2121 times)
WB6MMJ

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »

I just bought the DB9 cable for my FT 950 and am wondering what freeware is the best for controlling the rig via my computer.
I have HRD and have used it with the FT 950 but I`m wondering if there is something else better out there.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »

Honestly, best is a matter of personal preference more than anything. You have to be comfortable with using it.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »

Ok, thank you.
I think my question should have been, What other software is out there besides HRD for controlling a FT 950?
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »

Yaesu has a free rig control program, you can download it from the FT-950 page on the Yaesu site.  There is also the DX Labs suite of programs that a lot of people use.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

Ok, thank you.
I think my question should have been, What other software is out there besides HRD for controlling a FT 950?

You mean there is other software???

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »

I just bought the DB9 cable for my FT 950 and am wondering what freeware is the best for controlling the rig via my computer.
I have HRD and have used it with the FT 950 but I`m wondering if there is something else better out there.

DXLab supports your FT-950, and is entirely free. For a quick summary of features beyond the usual "logging, transceiver control, and spots", see What Makes DXLab Different?

Then take a look at Getting Started with DXLab.

Reviews are here. As you can see, the most common sentiment from users of other applications is "I wish I'd switched sooner".

Dave, AA6YQ
WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »

Yaesu has a free rig control program, you can download it from the FT-950 page on the Yaesu site.  There is also the DX Labs suite of programs that a lot of people use.

Thank you. I will check that out.
WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »

DXLab supports your FT-950, and is entirely free. For a quick summary of features beyond the usual "logging, transceiver control, and spots", see What Makes DXLab Different?

Then take a look at Getting Started with DXLab.

Reviews are here. As you can see, the most common sentiment from users of other applications is "I wish I'd switched sooner".

Dave, AA6YQ

Thank you I`ll go and check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: