Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM -IC-V8  (Read 1687 times)
W4OEQ

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2013, 04:04:45 PM »

My Icom IC-V8 handheld two meter rig has a menu function called tX = ON or tX = OFF.  The factory default is "ON."  Somehow, my IC-V8 lost this default "ON" status, so I now have to reset it for each new repeater frequency I load into memory.  This works but it is time consuming.

I would rather not do a factory CPU reset to enable tX = ON as it will erase all of my stored repeater info.  Is there a way to change tX to "ON" for all frequency current and future entries so I will not have to do each one individually?  73, Tom, w4OEQ
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »

You should be able to download the complete memory contents into a PC using the cloning software.
Did you try the 'Initial Set Mode', page 49 of the manual?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:25 AM »

If I remember correctly, some Icom rigs have what they called a soft reset mode where all of the factory defaults would be restored, but none of the programmed in information would be lost.  Try checking your manual to see if that particular HT has that feature.

If yours doesn't and you don't have the programming software/cable, then you'll either have to live with it or take the plunge and do a total reset.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: