Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-900 LOW RECEIVE ON 80 & 40 METERS.  (Read 616 times)
KE7TZ

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »

IT APPEARS TO WORK ON THE HIGHER BANDS. IT HEARS ON 80 & 40 METERS BUT NOT VERY WELL. ANTENNA IS FINE. IT TRANSMITS FINE ON ALL BANDS. ANY HELP APPRECIATED. tHANKS, JIM KE7TZ
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 01:09:12 AM »

What do you mean by 'not very well'? Are signals there but in noise? if you remove the antenna, does the noise level drop appreciably? If so, the receiver is likely to be OK but you are site limited.
KE7TZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »

I HAVE TWO FT-900'S I HAVE COMPARED THE TWO SIDE BY SIDE. THE LOW RECEIVER RADO IS CONSIDERABLY LESS SENSITIVE. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE MIGHT BE A DIODE LEAKING OR BAD ON THE LOW PASS FILTER/IF BOARD. AND IF SO HOW DO YOU GET THE PLUGS LOOSE ON THE BOARD TO CHECK IT AND REPLACE PARTS IF NECESSARY. THE CONNECTING PLUGS DO NOT WANT TO COME LOOSE. THANKS, JIM
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 07:07:23 AM »

Very easily might be as simple as time to clean the Antenna Relay contacts in the less sensitive one. 

Or it might be time to go inside and disconnect/reconnect the internal board connectors to wipe them clean again. 

The above sort of simple maintenance issues should always be investigated first, before theorizing about failed components and such, and a goodly amount of the time such is the actual solve. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: