Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fldigi waterfall width has unuasable space past 3KHz  (Read 7657 times)
AK4YA

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »

My radio supports filtering of SSB up to 5KHz, but I never see any waterfall activity past 3KHz.  I went to all my soundcard devices and enabled max sampling rate, still nothing.

Is there something else I have to do?  Barring that, can we make FLdigi use 3KHz as the limit and not have a bunch of unused black space on the screen?
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »

I don't think you can change the bandwidth beyond 3 kHz but you can change the waterfall scale so that it only displays from 0 to approximately 3100 Hz.  Its a button on the row beneath the waterfall display.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »

If your version of FLDIGI is the same as mine, there's a button on the bottom, where all the control buttons are, for "waterfall scale."  I think 1x is the one that gives you black at the far end; try clicking it.  Mine goes to 2x and 4x, each one showing less spectrum in the same space (that is, a magnified view of the center.)  GL!  --ken
VK2FAK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

Hi all.

If I understand the question, its not about the display BW as such, because your radio can do more you would like to be able to display more..right up to the limits ...not sure if its the radio or the software but to have a check, why not try some free easy software like Spectran. I just looked and it will display audio beyond your 5Khz so if its getting out of the radio via the audio you should see it.....then the problem would be the software.

are you sure there is no other connection on the back of the radio for the higher bandwidth ...sometimes they do, as the higher BW usually does not go thru the audio stages...

Also check the FLDigi settings....
Configure -> Waterfall -> FFT Processing  ( this is where the display bandwidth is set )

I have version .50 and I think the display can go to 4k.....the radio does not though.

John
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:54:06 PM by VK2FAK » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: