Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kightradio.com / Dale Kight W5RER / NH6VR  (Read 7857 times)
KC5KBQ

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »

Hi all,

I realize that while I may have initially been searching for help resolving some bad sales with Dale Kight of kightradio.com his complete lack of responsiveness has led me to believe that I should warn others considering doing business with him.

My experience is documented here:
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,91244.0.html

and cross-posted here:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?399382-problems-with-KightRadio-com-Dale-Kight-W5RER

But in short, I bought a Xiegu X1M chinese HF radio from him and never received it and he stopped any and all communication.

I bought some other equipment that did arrive, but in not in working condition-- a Tonfa (similar to BaoFeng) 2meter/70cm handheld from him and received a unit with a defective battery, and I also received a broken/defective 2meter/VHF digital SWR/power meter that wouldn't measure anything.

I've tried contacting him via phone, his web site, email, and public messageboards without any result, and am working with my banks and Visa to try and get my money back. Angry
You can also see that he's had at least a couple of bad experiences documented by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Oklahoma, and a few other things pop up on Google as well.

I would recommend significant caution and skepticism for anyone wishing to do business with him.

Hopefully someone else will start importing the Xiegu X1M or MKII HF radios.
VK2DMH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:39:23 AM »

Dale Kight of KightRadio.com accepted my money for a Chinese X1M QRP radio back in May this year (2013) and has neither sent me the radio I paid for nor refunded my money.

This person has ignored all of my emails trying to resolve the matter. It doesn't matter whether the emails were sent to his email address directly or were posted by filling in the "Contact" page on his web site. Whatever you do, he won't answer emails.

One month ago I decided to try a different tack. I looked up his actual telephone number and I phoned him directly. (Since I live in Australia, where Sydney daylight-saving time is 11 hours ahead of UTC/GMT, I was forced to get out of bed at 3:00am my time to make the call to reach his number at around 10am his time. To my amazement, Dale answered me.

I told him I hadn't received my radio and that my emails had gone un-answered. He made genuine-sounding sympathetic noises and told me that he was in the process of selling his business and that is why he was not answering emails. I told him my order number (found by searching back through months of emails) and he told me he was sorry my order had somehow "fallen through the cracks" and that he would have a radio sent to me immediately from the factory in China.

Amazingly, I believed this man. After all, he is/was a fellow Ham. Would he really behave badly?

Well. It has now been a month since I spoke to Dale Kight, and now no-one is answering that telephone number. On a couple of occasions (again phoning in the middle of the night my time) the phone went unanswered at around 10 or 11am Oklahoma time. And the last time I called, the ringing stopped suddenly as if someone had answered and immediately hung up the phone. I also note that the phone number and the email have been removed from the KightRadio.com web site.

I love to see the police to press charges on the guy.

I suggest that nobody should attempt to do business with Kight Radio or Dale Kight unless a miracle occurs and he makes good his promises and pays back the money to us suckers who trusted him. Even then, would you want to wait months for an outcome? No. I didn't think so either.

And by the way, the shopping guarantee on his website is quite valueless. I emailed them. The conditions are they guarantee a refund for 30 days from the date of the order. If he takes longer than 30 days to deliver, or never sends the product at all, then they won't help. Yet these people also took a fee from my order, selling me this valueless "peace of mind".

73 de David VK2DMH
in Sydney Australia.
RUSS324

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »

Mycall sign is K8QF. I live 2 miles down the street from DX Engineering. I buy all my cables, connectors and antennas from them. I can pick them up the same day I order them. Their Inventory is large and customer service is second to none. I have the Hex Beam 5 band antenna on my chimney with a light duty rotor. Works great and has all stainless steel hardware. I highly recommend DX Engineering to all. Russ
KJ6AZQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »

Hi All,

This has been my experience with Dale Kight also. I ordered a Chinese Xiegu X1M QRP HF rig back in May 2013 from him also. 
He took my $289.95 right away, but as of yet has delivered nothing but promises of a radio or a money order refund. He sounds good on the phone, but it's nothing but BS. At this point it looks like the guy is nothing but a crook!

Ed Griffin, owner of Import Communications has been importing and selling the X1M for a while, and seems to be a solid and reputable businessman. He told me he has an exclusive contract to import the X1M transceiver, so if you want to buy one go with him!

Apparently he and Dale Kight are somehow loosely affiliated, and source some of their equipment from the same places in China, but don't adhere to the same business principles. 

I'm trying to go back thru PayPal, my credit card company, the BBB, and any other avenue possible to get my money back! 
I'm not a very happy camper at this point!

Dave,
KJ6AZQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: