The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of RadioReference.com  (Read 3074 times)
KT0DD

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »

This site is a clique of like closed minded people. You may or may not get accurate information from them. (more likely inaccurate information!) Eham is a much more tolerant site. If you don't want to relive your school days with the cliques, jocks, cheerleader mentalities etc. Stay away from that site.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »

Remember, being a member of any forum, this one included, is a privilege, not a right. You got banned over there most likely because you did something that a moderator or admin did not like. They usually give people warnings before banning them. If they did that to you and you ignored their warning, you have no one to blame but yourself!

RadioReference is a tremendous resource, especially their databases and live feeds.

It is Lindsay Blanton's sandbox. He makes the rules and you don't get a vote!
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:13:40 AM »

This site is a clique of like closed minded people. You may or may not get accurate information from them. (more likely inaccurate information!) Eham is a much more tolerant site. If you don't want to relive your school days with the cliques, jocks, cheerleader mentalities etc. Stay away from that site.
Look at the pot who's calling the kettle black.
You've only been there about 7 months and you already started threads trying to tell them how they should run their site! Who are you to do that?
http://forums.radioreference.com/forums-administration/314267-guess-i-have-re-think-things.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/forums-administration/314265-caution-censorship.html Big deal.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:55:11 AM by HFCRUSR » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »

Too funny. Another wannabe Constitutional scholar who believes that the liberals are the cause of all woes.  Smiley
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:48:32 AM »

I dont think youll get any more  sympathy here or QRZ than you did at RR.

People that behave appropriately dont get banned from forums. 

You might consider calming down before you give yourself an anuerism or something.  

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:53:20 AM by NN4RH » Logged
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »

Of the three sites commonly mentioned, Radio Reference has perhaps the most aggressive moderation of the group, followed by QRZ. I find that there is little to no moderation here at all...

I once got a warning from RR because I pointed out to someone they were posting in a thread that was several years old.  Apparently the moderators don't like that.  I though that was a little heavy handed, but I blew it off and I'm still a member there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:42:07 AM by K6CPO » Logged
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »

Not sure why one would feel compelled to put out a warning. The site has come up for me in some searches, just the fact that every forum there has a half dozen 'Sticky' posts with rules, warnings etc., tells me the place is a little off, also comes across as anal. .... The place is not for me, but when your temporary ban is lifted, you can rejoin the lively discussion in the 'Budget and entry level transceiver' forum.
K1AGH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 01:46:07 AM »

I'm a member of all three and all of them are tremendous assets. you didnt like what the rules were so you came up with a ill thought of complaint. you are a internet troll who just tries to stir up trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: