Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T U-verse  (Read 43158 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »

Another problem "phone"companies make with DSL is to give ok for circuits that are too far from the CO. (Central Office) There was and will always be a certain distance that the DSL will work.
If it is during wet weather that your DSL fails; then you have bad cable pairs. There cannot be any hums or buzzes or clicks on the phone line for DSL. The condition of the multipair cables running along the roads these days is terrible. I see that Verizon has installed huge cabinets at ground level around my area. Maybe converting analog to digital and shipping the info via fiber to the CO.
OP....is there a cable TV service in your area? Cable TV internet is always more reliable than DSL. Or Satellite internet from Hughes. About the same cost as Cable TV internet and speeds in between cable and DSL.
I google AT&T U verse and they are claiming to be a fiber optic service. What can go wrong with that?
Did I mis-read the thread and go off about the downside of DSL?
And N4XTS you were really lucky. And pricing is pretty darn nice!! I would dump our DirecTV ($140) and Comcast ($75.00) cable in a heart beat for your service.........but no hope for fiber for a long time. We're a small dump of a city in Western Pa.
I know there is fiber in Pittsburgh.............but not here!!
Fred
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: