Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed and spacing and learning  (Read 8041 times)
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:31:52 AM »

As I'm moving along with CW I'm starting to listen to the code practice from W1AW. One thing that is messing me up is that while I'm trying to process the letter I'm hearing I miss quite a few letters after it (apparently my brain takes a while). It's not as much of an issue when using random letter generators but it does happen with them too. I think part of the problem is that I'm also trying to figure out what word is being sent at the same time, but I really don't know. It's not necessarily due to the sending speed, but the fact that it doesn't stop.

When I practice sending I put a lot of space between characters, so much so that FLDIGI almost never joins words together. I think it must be related, but again, I don't know.

Anyone have any tips for slow brain?  Smiley

Don't try to read what you write down at first. One of the hard adaptions I had to make was military to ham radio. In the milutary I could type a entire page of info and never know what I typed unless I read it afterwards. The code doesn't go to the brain, so to speak, it goes into the ears and dribbles out the fingers. In amateur radio you have to keep up with the conversation so it is much different.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: