Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY ATAS 120 Yaesu HF Mobile antenna  (Read 5972 times)
KA7RRA

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

My ATSA antenna only goes up  when I try to tune the antenna   it well go down or up with the up or down button

How do I reset the  antenna, or do I need to send it back to  Yeasu?
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »

The ATAS antenna is very sensitive to common mode current. Make sure it is well and truly grounded properly first.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »

That isn't all. If you don't choke off the common mode (as mentioned in the owner's manual), you'll have more issues than not tuning down!

As Conor alluded to, mounting is everything. Unfortunately, most folks mount their ATAS using a K400 or similar clip on mount. No matter how careful you are, sooner or later the set screws will loosen, and the common mode with go through the roof. Sanding to bare metal isn't the answer either, as this does nothing but promote rust which exacerbates the ground issue in the first place.

G7DIE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:06 AM »

That isn't all. If you don't choke off the common mode (as mentioned in the owner's manual), you'll have more issues than not tuning down!

As Conor alluded to, mounting is everything. Unfortunately, most folks mount their ATAS using a K400 or similar clip on mount. No matter how careful you are, sooner or later the set screws will loosen, and the common mode with go through the roof. Sanding to bare metal isn't the answer either, as this does nothing but promote rust which exacerbates the ground issue in the first place.

Isn't that what you want Wink Grin
KA7RRA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

OK I found out what was going on with the ATAS-120  it lost its memory,and I had to reset it by tuning on one band,then going to anther band and tuning it 

I'm now a happy camper,and once again can go "hello audio mobile"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: