Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 10 Watt HF Rig from China CW/SSB KN-920  (Read 41461 times)
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 08:36:18 AM »

Apparently China isn't ready for "prime time!"  The Japanese went through this very thing and created the iconic saying, "Japanese Junk."

In the meantime if everyone would refrain from buying this "Chinese Junk" then it would speed things up a bit.  Assuming of course that they can get FCC approval.  I just hope that part isn't political like everything else.

As an aside:  I have and do buy Chinese stuff, but only "stuff" that I can throw away without feeling raped.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »

Re: K8AXW

I agree with your last sentence, Fire crackers (take safety precautions), Kites (that just manage to last a 2 day visit from the grand kids) and those BumFunk (sic) vhf/uhf radios all fit the bill for worthwhile Chinese products.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:17:34 PM by W1JKA » Logged
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »

I agree with your last sentence, Fire crackers (take safety precautions), Kites (that just manage to last a 2 day visit from the grand kids) and those BumFunk (sic) vhf/uhf radios all fit the bill for worthwhile Chinese products.

Seems like a lot of people like their Baofeng radios.  They are built to a price point, sure, but they seem to work.

Seems like lots of people also like their automobiles, TVs, computers, cell phones, stereos, toasters, and all the other products that mainly come from China these days.  Sure, lots of it is crap but that's what people want.  China knows its market.  Bear in mind, though, that the fact that they produce a lot of junk doesn't prove that they are incompetent.  After all, they can shoot a man into space a we can't.  This is a great shame on the USA, and a pretty big symbol of our decline.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »

TMA: 
After all, they can shoot a man into space a we can't.  This is a great shame on the USA, and a pretty big symbol of our decline.

Would you mind revealing what planet you just came from? 

If you followed the first page + of this post the problem was getting information and or service for a piece of Chinese gear.  Unless I misread this whole post, the transceiver crapped out, the OP repaired it to only fail again and the company basically said, "Don't bother me!"

Indeed this country does consume a great deal of Chinese stuff.....of all flavors.  And for the most part it performs fine.  Then the question eventually arises, "Who fixes this stuff?"  The answer is, "Nobody."  Throw it away!

Consumer electronics is one thing but the ham community has a history and built in reluctance to throw ham gear away.....even gear that is decades old.  They especially choke up on throwing away a piece of new gear because the final transistors failed.  Even if it's cheap!

I repeat, China isn't ready for prime time yet!

KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:51 PM »

TMA: 
After all, they can shoot a man into space a we can't.  This is a great shame on the USA, and a pretty big symbol of our decline.

Would you mind revealing what planet you just came from? 

If you followed the first page + of this post the problem was getting information and or service for a piece of Chinese gear.  Unless I misread this whole post, the transceiver crapped out, the OP repaired it to only fail again and the company basically said, "Don't bother me!"

Indeed this country does consume a great deal of Chinese stuff.....of all flavors.  And for the most part it performs fine.  Then the question eventually arises, "Who fixes this stuff?"  The answer is, "Nobody."  Throw it away!

Consumer electronics is one thing but the ham community has a history and built in reluctance to throw ham gear away.....even gear that is decades old.  They especially choke up on throwing away a piece of new gear because the final transistors failed.  Even if it's cheap!

I repeat, China isn't ready for prime time yet!

While hams may not like to throw away electronics because of failed components, this is how it's done now.  Surface mounted parts and specialty ICs which may not even be available as spares ensure that things are hard to fix.  Despite all this they have overtaken the USA in many of the important prestige areas such as space travel.  They also have stealth fighters now, no doubt using all the R&D done in the USA over the last 4 decades.  They have also overtaken the USA in manufacturing.  In fact, I would wager that China could ruin us without firing a shot, merely by just stopping all US-bound container ships.

This should all be a source of great shame for every American.  Those who benefit the most will move on once the husk is completely drained of all nutrition, leaving this place a wreck.  It'll happen again, too, unless we learn our lesson.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »

your presentation is so full of holes it doesn't even warrant a response.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »

your presentation is so full of holes it doesn't even warrant a response.

You're right - China doesn't manufacture most of our products, they don't have a manned space program, and they don't have stealth fighters either.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with you.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »

"Cognitive Dissonance" I'll have to look that one up  Wink
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 08:47:07 AM »

JKA:  Ain't sure but I think "Cognitive Dissonance" is why I have to change underwear on occasion.  Let me know what you find.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »

Still having trouble spelling it right to even look up, until I do I'm thinking it might have something to do with Resonance  between antenna and tuner as the poster seems to be a little off frequency.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:32:53 AM by W1JKA » Logged
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Still having trouble spelling it right to even look up, until I do I'm thinking it might have something to do with Resonance  between antenna and tuner as the poster seems to be a little off frequency.

Would you care to argue a certain point or are you just blowing smoke?  Please dispute one of the points I made if you think you can do so usefully.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »

Re: KE7TMA  reply #25

It appears to be feeding time at the bridge. While awaiting a few more crumbs that may possibly come your way I suggest you stay under it and bide your time wisely by doing a little research on where Eagle 1 landed ( Moon or the Nevada high desert?) your choice, or what country via NASA played a major role in operating a shuttle service to the ISS.

If or when your research is completed you may want to consider taking a 180 degree tack and head back upstream to the original Topic.

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »

JKA:  Man, you're feeding the troll the good stuff!  Save it.  They'll eat anything!!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 07:22:37 AM »

Good Stuff ??, hell, those are my floor sweepings, I hold the "good stuff" in reserve for the truly deserving and starving. Got to get ready for church CUL.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »

Re: KE7TMA  reply #25

It appears to be feeding time at the bridge. While awaiting a few more crumbs that may possibly come your way I suggest you stay under it and bide your time wisely by doing a little research on where Eagle 1 landed ( Moon or the Nevada high desert?) your choice, or what country via NASA played a major role in operating a shuttle service to the ISS.

If or when your research is completed you may want to consider taking a 180 degree tack and head back upstream to the original Topic.

So it's clear that you don't want to address the issues I have raised, or even think about them.  Tell me, what's the next scheduled shuttle payload, and how many astronauts are heading to the ISS on that launch?

I know it's painful to see our once great nation swirling down the bowl, but we can't improve the situation with delusions of greatness from the 1960s.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: