Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operating QRP PSK31 in October from Frying Pan Tower, NC  (Read 3928 times)
WW4MSK

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »

Frying Pan Tower is a retired light station that used to be manned by the Coast Guard.  Now an emerging B&B destination and while they are still rustic rates are reasonable.  I'm heading out that way Oct 11-13 and plan to operate under the call sign W4F and the grid square is FM13.  Not the rarest on the planet, but not too often worked from my research. 

I was taking my IC 703, but it's in the shop now and will probably go with my Yaesu FT-897D.  Purely battery powered and QRP the entire time.  PSK31 will be worked on 80, 40, 20 and anything else that opens up.  If things get slow I'll try VHF/UHF phone for any coastal action.  Again, this will take place Oct 11-13.  Call sign for the weekend event is W4F, my call sign is WW4MSK.  Good luck and hope to hear some of you out on the tower....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: