Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY LOGGING SOFTWARE RECOMMENDATIONS????  (Read 27069 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »

Another vote for DXlabs. I have used many of the available programs and I always come back to DXLabs. It just works. It is not perfect, no program will be the ideal to every user but it is as close I have been able to find. It is stable never fails and always works. The multitude of windows allows me to be selective on what I see and allows arrangement as I choose. Trying to provide as much information as DXLabs makes available on a single screen would be unusable.

Dave has every right to be proud of his creation and his support is also second to none. If one can learn amateur radio you can learn this software, if you can't you should probably turn off your radio and take up another hobby.

But as already recommended, try the available software and use what feels right for you and meets your needs.

Andy

Being able to use a certain software does not define this hobby by any means. Some of use were in this hobby many many years before there was any software for it. Personally I find DX lab software to busy for my needs. We all have different likes or wants in this area.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

I was not happy about the $100 fee for HRD. Now that I bought it I am very happy!
It covers all the bases and I mean all.  The best part is that it can be as simple as you want it to be or when your ready you can delve into tons of other features which are just too numerous to list.
N6OIL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »

Look guys, in your toolbox that sits in the garage, how many screwdrivers do you have? I bet not just one, point being your serious about DXing or contesting or just general log keeping, think of all those programs as your tools in your toolbox and use them as the job requires. I know someone is going to chime in and say "well my Harbor Freight drivers are just as good as your Craftsman or Kolbalt's" why spend the $$$. Pay for what you are comfortable with and don't disrespect the ham or vendor for making that choice.

For full disclosure I did pay for HRD, N3FJP, WriteLog, I also tried/use DXLab, N1MM and few others. Am I baised to either one of them? Like I said I have a toolbox with great tools in it and use what fits the job at hand.

Boy I hope I don't get my head bit off!!

Keep up the good discussions.

Rory----- 
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: