Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine chronically delivered late?  (Read 26781 times)
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29:07 AM »

Located in SNJ and received....

CQ July 2013 issue on August 7th; QST August issue on August 19th

Are you sure you don't mean the QST September issue? I got that issue (the "Special Public Service Communications Issue") right around August 19th.

Right! I did mean the September issue. Got to do a better job of proof reading next time.

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »

I happened to notice that both the August and September issues of CQ are available in the digital editions, yet I still have yet to see my August issue.  I think this may be the death knell of my subscription. 
W4XK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »

September 9 and I finally received.................................the September issue!
Still hoping to receive the August issue.  I think the July issue arrived around
August 5 or 6th.

Bill W4XK
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »

On September 5, I received my September CQ and AUGUST Popular Communications.  Timely Receipt of BOTH magazines has been terrible for several months.  I am still waiting for the August CQ.  I got the June CQ in early August after complaining to CQ.  Popular Communications is also not coming on time.  I was told, they are having printing issues...  BUT, How is it they can have the hard copy issues on the newsstands on-time? 

K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »

It took two bitchy e-mails on my part but I finally got a reply from them saying they were sending me the August issue.  When my subscription runs out, I'm probably not going to renew, unless it's through the Zinio app on my iPad.  I can get 12 issues for $11.99...
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

See my post under Company Reviews.
WB7OBG

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »

At least you guys are actually getting yours.  I subscribed months ago and have never received a single issue, but I did receive a renewal notice.  I even telephoned them one day and the lady promised me she would look into it.  Oh well, HRO is 10 minutes away from my house, I just buy it there.
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 07:13:54 AM »

I have been a subscriber to CQ off and on for the past 45 years.  Last time I bought a years subscription was just before the month of May several years ago.  The May issue arrived sometime in May.  Then came back issues for April, March, and February of that year.  I guess CQ had old issues lying around that they did not sell. 

When I looked at the mailing label, the expiration date for my years subscription was January.  They counted these three back issues against my years subscription.

Needless to say that was the end of my relationship with CQ.

Dick  AD4U
W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:59 AM »

I still have not received my August after two requests for a replacement.
W4XK

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

I sent an e-mail regarding my missing August issue. Today I received a response that they are "out of stock" of
the August issue, and sent me a link to read it online!  It's a shame that the newsstands take priority over paid
subscribers. Guess I have renewed for the last time.

Bill  W4XK

N6LPV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 08:45:05 AM »

I too have had problems with the delivery of CQ Magazine and it's sister publications. First I thought it was the post office fault that my magazines were arriving late and damaged. I wrote the post office and advised then of issue. I also contacted CQ, to their credit they promptly replace the damaged and missing magazines by first class mail.

Unfortunately I continue to have delivery problems, I have even gone to electronic subscription. They too have been arriving late, answer me this, how in the heck can electronic versions get sent out late?

I am such a fan of their publications that I go to the local ham radio shop to pick up paper copies on time. How is it that at the store the magazine are almost a month ahead of time and through the mail and Zinio that they arrive late.

This month it is the 3rd and still no CQ in my Zinio account. When I went over to HRO where they usually have CQ publications weeks a head of time, did not have December issues out yet, what gives!

Do they care at all about their magazine? Is CQ having financial problems? If that is the case they are going in the right direction if they want to get out of the magazine business.

I would hate to only see one magazine in publication. QST with all their little faults are doing things right. Consistently providing their publication on time, offering their own application for digital download of their publication free to members. QST my I say you're awesome in that respect!

I wish CQ a long life, but they better take heed!

Frank
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »

there's been a number of complaints about it over here, too. Glad I never renewed.....
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »

See continuing comments posting under "Company Reviews" Forum as well at

CQ Magazine
LINK: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,92203.0.html

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
N3CB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »

It's January 13 (2014) and I'm still waiting on the DECEMBER 2013 issue! I have been told twice, after calling their offices over a two week span in December, that it's "in the mail". I have received numerous emails, after email complaints to Rich Moseson, W2VU, that's it'll be here "any day"…."they're trying to catch up". I even got the same "canned" email response from him on both December 30 and January 2nd! How's THAT for being sincere?? REALLY??? This magazine subscription has been late EVERY MONTH since June, 2013. Catch up?? That's funny, but not really.
NW0M

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »

Received December 2013 in the mail today.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: