Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiom Press Rotor EZ problems  (Read 7599 times)
W5RCQ

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »

I recently bought an assembled Rotor EZ board from Idiom Press.  They had good reviews and a product that seemed to fit my needs.  Big mistake on my part a little more research on Ham Net and I would have found lots of messages about poor communications.  After waiting a month for my Rotor EZ I sent Rob an E-mail asking to cancel my order so I could get something else, no response but the part shows up in the mail.  I installed the Rotor EZ board and it does not work.  I tried several phone calls and 4 E-mails to Rob to try to work out the problems which are probably a bad chip.  No response.  My rotor box has been down for a month and no communications of any kind from Idiom.   Your mileage may vary but I would never buy anything from Idiom again.  I am dealing with my credit card company for a refund.
Jerry W5RCQ
WY4J

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »

I purchased a Scar filter years ago and had no problems. But lately have been reading lots of negative comments regarding this company's failure in communicating with their customers and nightmarish customer service. I think the original owner might have retired and left the business to his son. Good to know as I was thinking of purchasing a Logikey but I think I will pass on this.
N5UXT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »

Just to give everyone an idea, our club place an order in the middle of June 2013 with credit card and still have not heard a word. We have sent at least 10 emails, tried to connect with this company via phone, fax and Skype with no luck. This is truly sad way to run a company.

Anyone have another solution for a Ham IV controller ??

7 3 de Angelo

AB4ZT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 05:10:25 AM »

Yes.  Try this:

http://easy-rotor-control.com/

Richard, AB4ZT
KB5GH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 04:59:22 AM »

Green Heron Engineering makes a digital controller that is the cat's meow.  It's available direct or thru DX Engineering.

Bob KB5GH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: