Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revillagigedo  (Read 2967 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »

Looking at my log and clublog stats, and somehow I must've completely spaced out on and missed 4A4A to Revillagigedo in 2011.  How the heck did I miss out so completely?

Is there plans to activate again anytime soon? I didn't even know this place existed until I saw the hole in my clublog chart.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  There's a neat tool on clublog called DXCC Analysis.  Under that option select activation chart.  Of course this is backward looking at activations in the past.  However based on what I saw you won't need to wait 10 years or longer Smiley. There were four activations in the last ten years.  This is not a place where you'll see activity every year. GL on your DXCC endeavor.

Jonathan W6Gx
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:08:39 AM »

Ya know, its funny you should mention this. I was going through my logbooks the other day, and I noticed this one jump out at me.  Worked them at least 5 times, and the book says I sent away for the qsl card (as I checked off the S boxes), but never received a card.  I am debating on requesting one for the band fills, as Revillagigedo was confirmed a waaaaay long time ago from one 1989 qso.  So its not big deal, but still would love to get the most recent extras.....

V
KA3NRX

W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:20:12 AM »

I missed T31A dxpedition in 2011.  Not willingly or mistakenly.  I was QRT for ten months in 2011 due to my job relocation.  I'm still waiting for any kind of activation.  I feel your pain.  From what I learned most people go to East or West Kiribati for their hamcation.  No one since 2011 has decided to activate T31.  Perhaps it will stay like this for a while.  It's now just a waiting game.  Be patient my friend and eventually T31 and 4A will go on the air.  Looking on the bright side when T31 does go on the air it will be an ATNO for me and a yawn for everyone here Cheesy  And when A4 goes on the air it will be an ATNO for you Smiley

Jonathan W6GX
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »

I almost missed 4A4A because my logging program, HRD, said it was Mexico. (I was still figuring this stuff out) I finally said "what the heck" and made the call. It was only when I uploaded to Clublog did I realize it was a new one.  Tongue

Eric
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »

Thanks to    XF4IH, XF4DL, and 4A4A, I have Revillagigedo on each of the 7 bands I can work.  Smiley
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 08:59:02 AM »

And when A4 goes on the air it will be an ATNO for you Smiley
Jonathan W6GX

And a BIG Yawn for the rest of us Cool
73, Gene AF3Y
W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »

And when it does, hopefully it will be SSB only!
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:37 AM »

From what I learned most people go to East or West Kiribati for their hamcation.  No one since 2011 has decided to activate T31.  Perhaps it will stay like this for a while.

This is because you can fly to T30 and T32 on scheduled air service.  That's not the case for T31 and T33.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

Why SSB only Huh

Gene AF3Y
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »

Why SSB only Huh

Gene AF3Y

Really! Do DX'ers still use SSB?  Grin Grin Grin Grin (I'm in trouble now!)  Grin Grin Grin
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »

And when A4 goes on the air it will be an ATNO for you Smiley
Jonathan W6GX

And a BIG Yawn for the rest of us Cool
73, Gene AF3Y

LOL...Remember, Geno....One man's yawn is another's thrill..... Wink Roll Eyes Shocked........

V
KA3NRX

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

I missed T31A dxpedition in 2011.  Not willingly or mistakenly.  I was QRT for ten months in 2011 due to my job relocation.  I'm still waiting for any kind of activation.  I feel your pain.  From what I learned most people go to East or West Kiribati for their hamcation.  No one since 2011 has decided to activate T31.  Perhaps it will stay like this for a while.  It's now just a waiting game.  Be patient my friend and eventually T31 and 4A will go on the air.  Looking on the bright side when T31 does go on the air it will be an ATNO for me and a yawn for everyone here Cheesy  And when A4 goes on the air it will be an ATNO for you Smiley

Jonathan W6GX

Jonathan, it will NOT be a yawn for me....I actively pursued the T31 operation in 2011, but was unable to hear them due to the lousy conditions at the time of year they selected (not to mention my chinsy set up)....So like you, I will be doing back flips if ever activated again....Of course, I see by the DX sites, another T32 operation will be taking shape..Why???...Why not T31???...T32 is as common as Cuba and Germany anymore....now that one is a yawn!..... Shocked Shocked Shocked....oh, well, like I said before, one man's yawn is another's thrill....... Roll Eyes....don't want to be a hypocrite!......LOL....

V
KA3NRX
K0AP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »

Jonathan, it will NOT be a yawn for me....I actively pursued the T31 operation in 2011, but was unable to hear them due to the lousy conditions at the time of year they selected (not to mention my chinsy set up)....So like you, I will be doing back flips if ever activated again....Of course, I see by the DX sites, another T32 operation will be taking shape..Why???...Why not T31???...T32 is as common as Cuba and Germany anymore....now that one is a yawn!..... Shocked Shocked Shocked....oh, well, like I said before, one man's yawn is another's thrill....... Roll Eyes....don't want to be a hypocrite!......LOL....

V
KA3NRX

Conditions for T31A where not so bad actually. I worked them 80-12m both CW/SSB with my modest station.

73 Dragan K0AP
N4KC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »

Actually I have 8 QSOs with 4A4A--all different bands/modes, of course--from the March 2011 operation confirmed via LoTW.  Did those of you awaiting confirmation upload to LoTW?

Last contacts I had before that with that obscure little island (that sounds more like a really nice pasta dish) was 6E4LM way back in December 2007.  Those I don't have confirmed.

Don N4KC
www.n4kc.com
www.donkeith.com
(Author of the new book RIDING THE SHORTWAVES:
EXPLORING THE WORLD OF AMATEUR RADIO)

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: