Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RESPECT  (Read 16670 times)
WB9QEL

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »

Why do Contest folks throw up on themselves and others?   
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »

Salmonella?
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:16:35 AM »

Long Hours of being awake, putting up with other Contesters and Non-Contesters complaining, too much coffee/beer....

Stan K9IUQ
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »

Don't we just love contesting!

Randy
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »

What do you mean?
K5YJX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

I think radio is different for everyone. Some like DX, some like local, some repeaters, some HF, VHF, UHF, some into microwave, digital, analog, voice, digital data, CW...you name it. Isn't that what makes this hobby fun? Sure, I myself am not into contesting, but some people are. As long as we all try to have tolerance for each other and not step on each others' toes, I think we would all do well. Isn't that the name of this topic is respect? But what is mean by "throwing up"? I am sure that could be taken to some as disrespectful. I guess it just depends on what you are into, right?
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »

I don't throwup on myself...

I concentrate on throwingup on YOU !
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 05:04:13 AM »

Could you be a bit more specific?
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 06:06:49 AM »

I've yet to figure out how the two are related, "respect" and "Why do Contest folks throw up on themselves and others?".  IMO this individual has just finished checking into the nets and chit chatting with his neighbors in the next town over.  He's been discussing how the weather is and how his doctor appointments have been for the past week and now that the nets are over decides to try and insult others because he's miserable.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Randy AJ7G
W7MMQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 06:56:59 AM »

I have never thrown up on myself, always keep a bucket handy just in case
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 07:06:38 AM »

The bucket is a critical part of every contester's arsenal!
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »

I prefer the gatorade bottle....
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »

I prefer the gatorade bottle....

Too small ingress with the bottle for accuracy, but is nice to cap off the completed QSO!
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »

Salmonella?

Tequila.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:12 AM »

Respect?!?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! How about respecting other people's needs.

This topic will never die nor will contesting. In That case you have to deal with it in A variety of ways.

Option 1: tune into a band out of the many there are where no contesting is allowed on.

Option 2: wait patiently until its over.

Option 3: choose one of the many other "modes" there are to communicate with other than the same every single damn day norm.

Option 4: if you can't beat them join them!

The non-contesters have 5 days of druleing over themselves talking about the same crap on all these NETS than run all day and night. With NETS so abundant you can't find a clear frequency to call CQ. Even if you do you find a clear freq. to CQ you'll find the same disrespect shown to the CQ'er by rag chew groups, because they think the frequency on that day and time has been allocated solely for their group every single day.

Contests are organized and scheduled months in advanced so that all can prepare or be aware. This is not just for contesters, but for rag chew groups and NETS as well so they can do the courteous thing and allow contesters to enjoy a few hours being that 5 and sometimes 7 days a week is usually open to them.

So where's the common sense and courtesy too play nice and fair allowing contesters to enjoy that small 24hour window they've been waiting months for?

Stop being winers and selfish little spoiled babies! The world doesn't revolve around rag chew groups or NETS!

This message is not brought to you by a hard core contester. Just an opened minded respecting ham willing to share all bands and modes.

Try it!

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: