Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL renewal..........ineffectual?  (Read 14521 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2014, 12:02:25 AM »

What do you define as 'conferences'? If you include meetings with FCC and NTIA and those of ITU, CITEL and IARU, probably quite an amount, but those are all meetings that are vital for both the medium and long term future of amateur radio.
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2014, 06:02:48 AM »

Seems some hams think the ARRL is some gigantic corporation with lots of high-paid executives, frivolous trips here and there, maybe a jet plane somewhere at headquarters.  Lots of gum flapping that could be easily debunked by going to the ARRL website and looking at the annual reports.  Yes, they are on line, and actually audited!!!!

Lots of info in the report re operating activities, etc.  Lots of volunteers (you did know even the ARRL President doesn't receive a salary, didn't you?).  Lots going on for not much money.

Oh, about all that income and those massive assets and salaries:  2012 (last audited report so far), revenue of $15.3 Million, net corporation assets of $10.9 Million.  Not billions!  How about salaries?  A total of $9.2M for salaries and benefits.

Mighty puny amounts for everything the ARRL does.  We hams are getting the biggest bargain with the ARRL. 
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2014, 08:42:57 AM »

IZ:  Allow me to also suggest that the ARRL Headquarters isn't some magnificent edifice with luxurious offices.  Photos inside the building will show exactly the opposite. 

KD7KCP

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2014, 12:05:52 AM »

But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

That was me when I ranted.

I will call this idea number one.

Every time an ARRL publication of any type runs a story about a bust, they also run a story about an ongoing FCC failure.

Let’s say the FCC busts a “fish in the barrel”, an operator licensed or not, one that has just messed with some bureaucratic agency and is quickly and effectively shut down.  The ARRL will run that story. Let’s say that for the sake of argument, this bust happened in central Texas. The ARRL should also run stories about the many multiyear failures by the FCC in the central Texas region. Stories about how the amateur radio community, along with the ARRL, has pinpointed these problems (part 15, 97) along with the fixes. Stories about this how this information has been passed along to the FCC for years on a silver platter “easy kills” but is met with nothing.  Keep the failure stories in the same region as the bust story.
KD7KCP

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2014, 12:09:46 AM »

Richard, send an email to Bob Vallio, W6RGG@ARRL.ORG, with your concerns.  He is your ARRL division director.  I have found that the division directors take their responsibilities seriously.  There's been a lot of back and forth on this post, but underneath it all, you have a concern about civility on the bands, and to what extent ARRL can/should do something.  Those of us that are active have seen the same lack of civility.  I myself think it is fairly limited, and to some extent mirrors public society these days.

Please share your viewpoint with Bob.

Thank You for your information.
K7EDL

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »

KD7KCP the answer is easy, cut out the middle man.  Use all that information that is sitting around gathering dust that people keep giving to the arrl/fcc and sue the perpetrator in federal court for violating your first amendment rights to freely communicate.
After that you can go after the lids who run 1500 watts to talk across the state and bust through pileups.

Eric

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: