Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little help with Omnirig and a JRC NRD-535D  (Read 5716 times)
N5INP

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »

Since playing with HDSDR and looking at what it can do I happened across Omnirig. Lo and behold Omnirig had an .ini file for my NRD-535D communications rx. I dug up an old RS-232 cable and a null modem adapter and gave it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised when I could tune HDSDR with the '535. Cool!  Cheesy

Here's the problem - it doesn't work in the opposite direction. HDSDR won't control the receiver. I've checked the settings using several instructive web sites no no avail. I even asked a local ham to verify my settings because he uses it (although not with this radio) and everything seems OK in my setup. It's just that it only works to control HDSDR, but if I change freq. or modes in HDSDR, it won't control the radio. I've checked the .ini file and it looks OK, even though I'd be surprised if the guy who wrote the .ini file had made a mistake. Plus I'm familiar with the programming for the radio as I wrote my own control program for it in C back in the day.

Yes - I have sync to Omnirig and from Omnirig checked amongst other required settings.

So, any ideas as to why it's only working in one direction? I've exhausted all the resources on the web.

Thanks.

N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:16:31 AM »

Nevermind, I understand why it won't work now. The .ini file that came with Omnirig for the NRD-535 won't allow it to work properly. In fact the NRD 535 can't be made to work properly in both directions <at once>, so I don't know why the .ini file it was even written the way it was. Whoever wrote it didn't understand the radio.

But, it does work in one direction so that's something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: